A salad, without which not a single New Year's table is complete - the "New Year's Olivier" salad. I propose to find out another version of this traditional food. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
On New Year's Eve, even the simplest salad can become magical. Moreover, it is not even necessary to use expensive products or somehow especially decorate the food. Today we will make New Year's Olivier according to the good old classic recipe, using milk sausage, pickled cucumbers, boiled potatoes with eggs and carrots, and canned green peas. Although, if you want, you can replace the boiled sausage with boiled chicken fillet, or add both of these ingredients. And I recommend using high-quality, fresh and preferably homemade eggs, then the salad will be much tastier. You can also add chopped green onions.
Despite the fact that Olivier salad is considered the national favorite New Year's dish, it can be prepared on any other holidays and even weekdays. With this salad, any small family holiday or ordinary dinner will become brighter, more fun and tastier. And if you want to make a more festive serving of the salad, then serve it in portioned glass glasses, sand baskets or tartlets.
See also how to cook Russian-style Olivier.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 395 kcal.
- Servings Per Container - 4-5
- Cooking time - 30 minutes for slicing food, plus cooking time for some ingredients
- Potatoes (boiled in their uniforms) - 2-3 pcs.
- Carrots (boiled in peel) - 1 pc.
- Canned green peas - 350 g
- Mayonnaise - for dressing
- Eggs (hard boiled) - 4 pcs.
- Cucumbers (pickled or pickled) - 3-4 pcs.
- Milk sausage - 300-350 g
Step-by-step preparation of New Year's Olivier salad, recipe with photo:
1. Peel the boiled potatoes in their uniforms and cut into cubes with sides about 0.5-0.7 mm.
2. Carrots, boiled, are also peeled and cut to the same size as potatoes.
3. Peel the hard-boiled eggs and cut them into cubes like the previous products.
How to cook vegetables and eggs for a salad so that vegetables do not boil over and the egg yolk does not acquire a blue tint, you can find detailed step-by-step recipes with photos on the pages of our website using the search bar.
4. Remove the wrapping film from the milk sausage and cut into cubes. All products must be cut to the same size, so be sure to proportion. Then the salad will look beautiful on the table.
5. Blot pickled or pickled cucumbers with a paper towel to remove excess pickle and cut into cubes.
6. Place all chopped foods in a deep bowl and add the canned peas. Put it in a sieve beforehand to drain all the brine. Season the food with mayonnaise and mix well. Cover the finished "New Year's Olivier" salad with a lid and keep in the refrigerator for half an hour. Then serve it to the table.
See also a video recipe on how to cook New Year's Olivier royally.