What is an eyelash curler? Pros and cons of the tool, features of choice. How to properly curl eyelashes with a curler, real reviews.
The eyelash curler is a tool that helps you create a seductive curve for an open and deep look. Only first you need to choose it with the skill of the matter, and then master the twisting technique. She has her own subtleties, which are important to adhere to. It is also worth considering that the procedure can be harmful if the curler is used incorrectly.
What is an eyelash curler?
In the photo, eyelash curler
An eyelash curler is a tool that almost every girl has in her arsenal. Usually made of metal, it has two plates curved under the contours of the growth of the eyelashes, on which soft rubber pads are fixed. The pliers also have gripping handles - the same as conventional scissors.
Eyelash curlers are also called curlers. This word comes from the English "curl", which means "to curl".
The device is designed for one purpose - to give the eyelashes a bend, from which the look becomes wide open and attractive. But this is possible subject to the observance of the curling technique. The tool helps to raise the cilia at the very growth line. Due to this, each hair looks visually longer, plus it acquires the same desired bend.
Taking an instrument in hand for the first time, it is difficult and scary to even imagine that such a metal device will have to be wielded right next to the eyes. But closer acquaintance will dispel fears. Having mastered the twisting technology, one can come to the conclusion that there is nothing terrible or dangerous in this.
Pros of an eyelash curler
As soon as you can use an eyelash curler at least once, you probably won't want to give it up. No matter how you lengthen the hairs of the carcasses, or make them more voluminous and visually thick, after twisting the view instantly transforms. The charming Audrey Hepburn immediately comes to mind, and which of the girls would not like to have such a deep and open look?
According to psychologists, 60% of it is the eyes that form the first idea when meeting a person. Even if your own eyelashes are naturally long and wide enough, but straight, they reduce the expressiveness of the look. And just a perm in compliance with technological subtleties can change the image as a whole. After the forceps, the eyelashes acquire an exciting curve. Their tips rush up, and the eyes open wide, look more beautiful and more open.
But this is not the only plus of the forceps. It is worth learning how to use an eyelash curler if they are naughty. Some girls cannot complain about the length, density and even bending, but they suffer, making up and putting their hairs in order. They cling to each other, look untidy. The procedure will help to lay them neatly.
Cons of eyelash curler
Of course, if the first curling of eyelashes with tongs is ahead, you probably have doubts and worries in your soul: will the cosmetic procedure cause harm? No matter how much she wants to look even more seductive and attractive, any girl thinks about what price she will have to pay for it.
The result is determined by many factors. First of all, it concerns the hair curling technology. All actions must be smooth, neat, otherwise you really have to face the harm of a curler and intense loss of eyelashes.
The correct sequence of actions also plays an important role. Do not apply mascara before using a curler. Otherwise, the hairs will stick to the instrument, break and fall out. Therefore, we apply mascara to the eyelashes only after curling them with tongs.
Another disadvantage of the curler is the drying out of the eyelashes. If you regularly use this tool, you need to provide your cilia with high-quality care, use special cosmetic serums, apply oils, and make masks.
It is not recommended to use forceps without rubber pads - there are also such pliers on sale. In this case, the curler's harm is multiplied.
Note! In order not to provoke irritation and inflammation of the eyes, regularly wipe the forceps with an antiseptic, bacteria accumulate on them.
How to choose eyelash curler?
When choosing an eyelash curler, first of all, it is important to pay attention to the material from which they are made. More often, metal fixtures are on sale, but plastic versions can also be found. There are also different reviews about eyelash curlers from both materials: some experts recommend using only metal ones, others claim that it is easier to wield plastic, because the curler itself is easier. Therefore, most likely, only personal experience will help to dot the "e".
In addition to the material of manufacture, the tools differ in other features. They are:
- Mechanical … This is a classic of its genre, a time-tested reliable solution. The device works in an elementary way: the plates are applied to the desired place, the pressure is carried out slowly and smoothly so that the rollers are pressed against each other. Having withstood a little time, the pens are bred, having received an excellent result.
- Electric … This is a kind of miniature curling iron. The curling of the eyelashes with tongs is due to the heat effect. On the one hand, thanks to this, the result is pronounced and persistent. On the other hand, such a curler should not be abused. Just like your hair, the heat with regular use of the tool will hurt your cilia.
When choosing between the first and second option, it is necessary to take into account the peculiarities of the eyelashes. If they are too stiff and difficult to curl, it may be worth buying an electric tool, knowing that regular use will harm the hairs. He will surely cope with curling, but this does not mean that you do not need to protect your eyelashes. It is best not to expose them to thermal effects too often.
As for the fundamental structure of a mechanical tool, there are no special differences between products of different brands. Moreover, there are not so many curlers on sale as one might think. At least not counting the no-name products.
It would seem that since there is no fundamental difference in the devices, you can buy any eyelash tongs. But this is not at all the case. Experienced makeup artists are ready to recommend some models as reliable, effective and safe. Of course, it is worth listening to such recommendations.
Best eyelash curler:
- Shu uemura eyelash curler … This is a legendary tool that is produced by a famous brand of a Japanese make-up artist. Tweezers perfectly curl the cilia without harming the eyelids. Original products are always supplied with spare rubber pads included. If you wish, you can find a miniature tool specifically for the hairs in the corners of the eyes and for too short eyelashes. Ordinary tweezers cost around 2,000 rubles. or 769 UAH.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Eyelash Curler … Another tool that real makeup pros are ready to recommend. After all, it is produced by a brand that was founded by Kevin Ocoin, who even worked with Hollywood stars. The cost of such a model is slightly lower - about 1,700 rubles. or UAH 653
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler … It is the third product on the leaderboard. Kerler also received a lot of positive feedback. And this tool will cost about 2,000 rubles. (769 UAH).
Since the prices for the aforementioned eyelash curlers are quite high, it is useful to get acquainted with budgetary, but high-quality counterparts. Good responses about the Panasonic EH 2331 curler, and its average cost is 772 rubles. or UAH 296
It must be emphasized that the question of choosing such a device is purely individual. It is worth paying attention to the bending of the plates. Since it may differ slightly, but if it does not fit the features of the eyelid, then discomfort is possible as a result - the skin will pinch.
How to use eyelash curler correctly?
The best eyelash curlers will disappoint with the result of curling if you break the technique. Although there is nothing complicated about it, it is important to stick to the basic nuances.
Any tool should be studied well before using it. There should be no sharp edges or burrs on the curler. Any defects can injure delicate skin!
Every time before using the eyelash curler, you should run your finger along the edge of the plate. There should be no irregularities on it. You also need to push and make sure that the mechanism works smoothly, without jerking.
Instructions for using the eyelash curler:
- First, you need to position the curler at the eye so that it is at a 45 degree angle. In this case, the upper plate should lie on the movable eyelid close to the roots of the eyelashes.
- The tool should lie just like that, but it is necessary to change the angle so that the tweezers fit almost horizontally in space. As a result, both the eyelid and eyelashes should rise.
- Now you can pinch and hold the handles. How long it takes to do this, manufacturers give different information. It is worth reading it before curling your eyelashes with tongs. But experience shows that in this matter, too, everything is purely individual. Most often, you need to hold pens longer than the manufacturers write. They promise that the hairs will twist in a couple of seconds, but in the end, to get the effect, you need to wait a few minutes. So practice is the best way to figure out the twist time.
- Further, the plate still remains at the upper eyelid, but the handles need to be diluted and raised. This will move the clip towards the middle of the lashes. And again, it is necessary to fix the instrument for such a time, which is sufficient to obtain the result.
- It remains to perform one more step, moving the clamp to the very tips of the cilia.
A very important point to remember when first learning how to curl eyelashes with forceps: the plate remains constantly pressed against the upper eyelid. Otherwise, the hairs will be damaged!
It is also important, having bought an eyelash curler, to curl the hairs in stages. This will make the effect more sustainable.
Remember that the amount of pressure gradually decreases as you move from roots to tips. The fact is that the density of the hairs becomes less, so maximum effort is not needed at the end.
After it turned out to curl the eyelashes with tongs, it is worth applying makeup, because the mascara will additionally fix the result.
Note! The rubber gaskets on the plates need to be replaced regularly. You can just buy new ones periodically. If suddenly grooves or cracks appear on the rubber, you do not need to use the tool until the inserts are replaced.
Features of using a curler for eyelashes
Knowing the twisting technique is not enough to achieve the desired effect. Before using an eyelash curler, it is also helpful to learn about some of the intricacies of the procedure. While there are no specific guidelines on how often to change tabs, it's best not to delay the replacement for long. Since invisible dirt gradually collects on them.
First of all, the curler is used exclusively on clean lashes. That is, they should not be painted. When mascara is applied to the hairs, it stiffens them. If you try to curl them after staining, they will most likely be injured. Loss is not excluded.
Even if you don't have heat tongs at hand, there is one little trick on how to curl your eyelashes with tongs at home with maximum efficiency. To do this, the plates should be immersed in hot water for a few seconds before use. This will help to further ensure the hygiene of the procedure. True, this method should not be abused, since thermal exposure harms the hairs.
Immediately during the procedure, sudden movements are unacceptable. Before using the curler, it is worth testing the mechanism in idle mode in order to smoothly regulate the pressure. It is important to proceed with caution, slowly. In this case, even from daily curling there will be no harm.
Note! Naturally, it is unacceptable to use a curler if the metal structure is deformed or damaged. It is also not recommended to buy a tool at a seductively low cost.
Real reviews on the use of eyelash curler
Knowing in theory how to use a curler, it is useful to read responses about the tool. They are very different. Everyone has their own experience, not everyone has a positive one. Someone chooses a model that is not the best for their type of eyelashes. Sometimes expectations exceed reality. And then disappointment is inevitable. However, there are many positive reviews about eyelash curlers.
Zhenya, 23 years old
I started curling my eyelashes, because they are not my longest, plus straight ones. Even when painted with good mascara, they are almost invisible. I didn’t take a curler for eyelashes at the highest price, but I was happy as an elephant. I have been using it for six months: it still works, it has not deteriorated. The girlfriends immediately noticed the first time she tried to twist.
Svetlana, 37 years old
I don't even remember when I bought the first curler. At first there was the simplest, cheapest. Then she allowed herself to be abruptly. I also tried hot tongs. I will say this: I did not notice much difference. Is that the effect is a little longer. With a mechanical one you can hold out until the evening, but with this one to wash off the makeup, even when I go to bed very late.
Adelina, 26 years old
I read reviews about the eyelash curler, I decided to buy myself. Well, not really. I will not say that there is no effect. But, as for me, there are too many problems. It's not very convenient for me to wield a piece of iron near my eyes. Sometimes I twist, on the way out, on a date. Well, not so that the wow effect is direct.
How to use eyelash curler - watch the video:
When buying a curler, you should make a balanced choice and not perceive the tool as a miracle device that will correct all the shortcomings of eyelashes. And even more so, there is no need to save on it. A cheap device can damage hairs and even eyelids.