Features and rules of a protein diet, pros and cons. List of permitted and prohibited products. Menu for every day, for a week, for 10 days. Reviews of losing weight.
A protein diet is a weight loss diet based on reducing the amount of carbohydrates in the daily diet and increasing the amount of protein. It includes foods rich in animal proteins necessary for the human body, as well as vegetables and fruits. Thanks to this, not only the fat layer is quickly removed, but also the state of health improves.
Features and rules of a protein diet for weight loss
A protein diet for weight loss is suitable for almost anyone and is effective for fast weight loss. When there is a deficiency of carbohydrates, the body generates energy from glycogen, which is found in the liver, muscles and fats. First of all, it gains energy from the muscles and liver, and then subcutaneous fat begins to leave. After 2-3 days, ketones, contained in fats, become the main source of energy for the body.
Pros of a protein diet
- fluid quickly leaves the body;
- fatty layer is quickly burned;
- the feeling of fullness remains for a long time.
Cons of a protein diet:
- heavy load on the kidneys;
- increased blood clotting;
- the risk of an unbalanced diet - it is better to eat within the BJU (proteins, fats, carbohydrates).
It is important to understand that too much protein will not benefit the body. Its amount a person needs every day is equal to 1 g per 1 kg of body weight. You can slightly exceed the norm, but at the end of the diet, be sure to restore it.
It is especially good to start exercising during a protein diet. Protein is food for muscles, so excess protein can be converted into muscle mass.
General rules for a protein diet:
- Calculate your daily calorie intake. You can do this with any online calorie calculator or daily calorie app. There you can also determine the correct rate of BZHU.
- Do not eat fried food. Any oil contains a lot of calories, so it's important to keep track of its amount even when added to salads.
- The carbohydrates eaten must also be "right." Simple carbohydrates, such as those found in white bread, do not make you feel full, so you feel hungry quickly. In order not to turn the diet into a hunger strike, it is better to eat complex carbohydrates.
- It is best to start exercising during a protein diet. With a calorie deficit and regular exercise, weight loss is much more effective. Do not overload yourself: exercises should be performed until you feel pain in the muscles.
- It is imperative to maintain an overall calorie deficit per day. If the calorie content exceeds the norm for your weight, it will not go away.
- It is necessary to monitor the water-salt balance in the body. Do not forget to drink water when you are thirsty, tea and other drinks will not work, you need pure water. Also, do not use a lot of salt when cooking: a person needs only 15 grams per day.
Important! A protein diet for weight loss is not suitable for people with pancreatitis, colitis, dysbiosis and gout.