Rules, permitted and prohibited products. Daily menu for a week, 2 weeks and 21 days. Results and reviews of losing weight.
The English Diet is a weight loss food system based on alternating protein and carbohydrate days. The technique assumes a strong restriction of the calorie content of food and the simplicity of the dishes. The principle of moderation and restraint, characteristic of the English nation, gave the diet its name.
Basic rules of the English diet
The weight loss system is based on restricting the calorie intake of food and the consumption of fats and carbohydrates. Sugar, baked goods, animal fats are high in calories, are quickly absorbed and stored in the body in the form of adipose tissue, so they are prohibited.
Proteins and proper carbohydrates (cereals, vegetables, fruits) are less caloric, but they contain vitamins, minerals and other useful compounds. Protein foods saturate well, so hunger is not felt.
The fiber found in fruits and vegetables stimulates bowel movements and promotes the movement of feces. Along with proteins, it is welcomed by nutritionists. Some vegetable oil is allowed. The body's need for fats is replenished from its own reserves.
For the results of the English diet to be effective, strictly follow the dietary rules:
- Allowed cooking methods are cooking, stewing, baking without adding salt and fat.
- The recipes for cooking meat and fish dishes are as simple as possible.
- Divide the daily food intake into 4 doses.
- Remove sugar, sweets, pastries, alcohol from the menu.
- Eliminate salt, spices, and spices.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water throughout the day.
- Replace milk with a low-fat version of the product or 1% kefir.
- Drink a glass of still mineral water an hour before breakfast.
- Drink tea, coffee without sugar and additives half an hour after eating.
- The time of the last meal is until 7 pm.
- To improve digestion, it is recommended to drink a spoonful of vegetable oil before bedtime.
- If the course of weight loss falls in autumn or spring, it is recommended to take vitamin complexes to maintain immunity.
- The exit from the diet is smooth, with a gradual increase in the calorie content of the diet.
- After a course of weight loss, it is recommended to adhere to the principles of proper nutrition, otherwise the lost kilograms will return.
The full dietary course lasts 3 weeks. But there are diet options for 1 or 2 weeks. Since the diet is strict and low-calorie, not everyone who wants to lose weight can withstand it to the end.
Important! Postpone the diet if you have recently undergone surgery, there are chronic diseases or gastrointestinal pathologies in the exacerbation stage.
Permitted foods on the English diet
The English diet menu is built taking into account the permitted and prohibited foods. But the list of acceptable dietary ingredients is not wide.
What you can eat on the English diet:
- nuts in small quantities (healthy food, but high-calorie);
- any cereals, except for rice (replace white with a brown variety);
- any vegetables except potatoes;
- fruits other than grapes, bananas, melons;
- fermented milk products of low or zero fat content (cottage cheese, kefir);
- dried fruits;
- Freshly squeezed juices from acceptable fruits and vegetables;
- lean meat and fish;
- rye or bran bread;
- linseed or olive oil.
Products on the English diet are consumed strictly in the specified amount, so stock up on electronic scales in advance. Exceeding the daily calorie intake is considered a violation of the rules and does not guarantee weight loss.
Prohibited foods on the English diet
The list of prohibited foods matches the rules of low-carb diets.
Do not include in your diet:
- any sweets;
- smoked and salted foods;
- sweet soda;
- semi-finished products;
- fast food;
- baked goods, products made from premium flour.
Important! Do not indulge yourself, sometimes including salt, sweets or baked goods on the menu in the hope that it will not affect your weight loss. Exceptions to the rule are counterproductive.
English diet menu
Depending on the goals, endurance and willpower, choose the option of the English diet for each day: 1 week, 2 weeks, 21 days. The diet and rules for building the menu change depending on the term.
English diet for every day
The English diet is developed by a group of nutritionists, the products in it are balanced and combined with each other. In an effort to lose weight, choose the meal options you want. We offer a variety of breakfasts, lunches and dinners for every taste.
For breakfast, a menu of your choice is suitable:
- boiled egg with toast and a glass of juice;
- 0.2 kg of fruit salad and an incomplete glass of yogurt;
- a third of a glass of oatmeal, filled with a glass of milk, with the addition of a spoonful of raisins, 1 tbsp. juice.
For lunch, diversify your diet with dishes:
- 1 boiled potato and 100 g of cottage cheese with dried fruits;
- vegetable salad with vegetable oil and 1 fruit;
- fruit, 50 g of boiled beans, 2 toast.
For dinner, choose one of the following dishes:
- 50 g of dried fruits, 25 g of hard cheese, soup with vegetable broth;
- cabbage and carrot salad, 50 g of boiled beans, 1 boiled potato, 2 tbsp. low-fat milk or kefir.
From the options described, make up your daily diet. Choose vegetable salads, fruits, or vegetables for a snack.
English diet menu for the week
If you want to lose weight by 3-5 kg, stick to the English diet menu for 7 days. The principle of its construction is different from the 21-day diet, but the permitted foods and calorie content are the same.
There are options for the English diet for a week. In one of them, the 7th day is unloading: it is allowed to drink only kefir, juices. If it is difficult to adhere to such a rule, we offer a gentle option that does not affect the result:
- The first day … For breakfast, they eat 2 apples and washed down with green tea with honey. If you feel hungry, eat 100 g of dried apricots. For lunch, cook 150 g of rice porridge in water, tea with honey, a baked apple. For an afternoon snack, eat an apple or pear, dine on a vegetable salad with vegetable oil.
- Day two and three … Fruit remains for breakfast, as on the first day. For lunch, steam buckwheat porridge and pour a glass of kefir. For an afternoon snack, fruit. Have dinner with buckwheat with a glass of kefir, vegetable salad with vegetable oil.
- Day four … Most challenging low-calorie day. Due to the fact that only tea with milk is offered for breakfast, a second breakfast is introduced in the form of a glass of kefir. For lunch, eat 0, 2 kg of cottage cheese, pouring it with kefir. Afternoon tea is excluded, only grapefruit for dinner.
- Day five and six … We start with a cup of cappuccino, rye toast and a 10 gram piece of cheese. For lunch, 0.2 kg of cottage cheese with vegetable salad. Grapefruit is allowed for an afternoon snack. We have dinner with 2 boiled eggs.
- Seventh day … The last stage begins with coffee and toast with a lump of butter and honey. For the second breakfast we drink a cup of tea with milk and eat an apple. For lunch, allow yourself 0.2 kg of boiled chicken and a glass of meat broth. We have dinner with cottage cheese and vegetable salad.
The weekly diet is considered to be quite strict. 1 and 4 days are especially hard to bear. Those who have sustained the diet to the end are expected to weigh 3-4 kg in 7 days.