Find out how pro athletes struggle with appetite during a period of hard drying of their body. Surely many of you remember how your grandmother persuaded you to eat another bite, often remembering your relatives. Today we can safely say that this is not correct, because overeating is a disease that leads to obesity. Often those parents who try to force their offspring to eat a lot have problems with being overweight from childhood. It is quite obvious that if you do not pull yourself together in such a situation, then the situation will only get worse with age. Today we will tell you how to deal with overeating as efficiently as possible.
The main reasons for overeating
Eating excessive amounts of food is considered an eating disorder today. He has been negatively treated since time immemorial. For example, in ancient Greece, people were convinced that incontinence in food causes not only physical, but also spiritual damage. In Orthodoxy, gluttony is considered one of the deadly sins. As you can see, people have long understood the danger of gluttony, although scientific confirmation of this fact has been obtained only in our time. To feel good, you need to have a clear idea of how to deal with overeating.
However, not every overeating lover recognizes himself as a glutton and will find a lot of explanations for his eating behavior. Here are the main symptoms of this disease:
- Frequent overeating while eating.
- Inability to control the amount of food eaten.
- Continuation of the meal until the feeling of "satiety to death" appears.
- Heaviness in the stomach after eating.
It should be noted that it is very difficult to identify an overeating lover, because people hide this addiction from others. Most often, those who suffer from this disease try not to eat in the company, so as not to betray their inclination. Unfortunately, these people decide to visit a nutritionist or psychologist only after they begin to feel unwell due to their large body weight. However, if you know how to deal with overeating, then it is quite possible to defeat the disease.
If you do not want to have serious health problems from eating excessive amounts of food, then here are a few symptoms, when they appear, you should think about your eating behavior:
- When you eat, you watch TV and this makes it difficult to control its amount.
- Throughout the day, you never stop chewing, and there is always food on your plate.
- Without a snack, you cannot work intellectually or watch a movie.
- You often eat at night.
We will talk more about how to deal with overeating, but now it is necessary to understand the causes of this disease. Agree, knowing the reasons, you can find a means of struggle. This is not as simple a question as it seems at first glance. Gluttony can be caused not only by physiological reasons, but also by psychological ones. In addition, you should not discount the impact of the environment.
Let's start with genetics, as overeating cravings can be inherited. If in your family many of its fiefs are inclined to be overweight, then there is a high risk of gluttony. The family lifestyle is no less important, because if your household makes a cult out of food, then gluttony is literally a stone's throw.
If we talk about the psychological side of the issue, then most often this is due to the desire to improve the mood. Very often people who quit smoking get fat. The point is that they try to seize the stress that arises when quitting cigarettes. This applies to any stressful situations, and if there are a lot of them in your life, then imperceptibly you may start to overeat and turn into a glutton.
A sedentary lifestyle can also cause the development of this disease. You have nothing to do in your free time and you just have to chew something. Scientists believe that after the age of fifty, the risk of developing overeating increases dramatically. During this period of time, people spend more time at home, and food becomes as affordable as possible.
If you do not want to look for an answer to the question of how to deal with overeating in the future, then you need to forget about a possible measured life at this age. Try to move more. If you do not want to play sports, then take daily walks. This will improve your health and maintain your desired body weight.
Another factor that can increase the risk of developing this disease is sleep. You've probably heard the statement that you need to think or eat to stay awake. Summing up, we can safely say that anyone who experiences frequent stress and is surrounded by various devices is potentially at risk.
How to deal with overeating: catering
You should fully concentrate on this process while eating. That is why you should not watch TV, as you are distracted and be sure to eat more than your body needs. About half an hour before a full meal, you should eat a product containing protein compounds. It can be a piece of chicken or a nut.
As you were not busy during the day, you need to eat five times. In this case, the duration of pauses between meals should not exceed two and a half or a maximum of three hours. Getting enough sleep is also very important. We have already said that lack of sleep can be one of the reasons for the development of the disease of overeating. You need to sleep at least eight hours. This time is enough for the body to recover. If you are still worried about hungry insomnia, then take an evening run or walk.
We also recommend getting rid of all tempting foods like buns and cookies. It is quite obvious that healthy eating is completely incompatible with fast food. If you love going to fast food restaurants, then get rid of this habit as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will have to look for an answer to the question of how to deal with overeating.
How to deal with overeating: useful tips
We figured out the reasons for overeating, and also clarified the question of the correct diet. Now it is worth giving some tips that will prove useful for people who want to know how to deal with overeating.
- Relieve yourself of temptation. Get rid of the habit of keeping various foods in your apartment that make you want to eat them. If you have a cake in your fridge, and sweets and cookies are on the table in vases, then it is extremely difficult for any person to stay in such a situation.
- Eat healthy foods instead of high-calorie foods. In situations where you eat a lot after returning home from work, then you should have food ready that can benefit the body and do not have a high energy value. They can be used as a light snack while food is being prepared. By and large, you should gradually replace all unhealthy foods with healthy ones. This applies not only at home, but also when you go on a visit.
- Drink water before meals. This is an extremely healthy habit that few people have. Try to develop it yourself, although at first it will be difficult, and we are aware of this. Drink a barrel of water before every main meal. This is not only good for digestion, but for the whole body as a whole. Remember that according to the recommendations of nutritionists, a person should drink from one and a half to two liters of water throughout the day.
- Do not seize stress. The problem of seizing stress is a common problem for many people, and we have already talked about it briefly. If you always start eating in a stressful situation, then you urgently need to find an alternative way to relax. We cannot give you precise recommendations in this matter, since everything here is individual. For example, you can take a warm bath with aromatic oils or remember pleasant moments from your life.
- Reduce serving sizes. If you absolutely cannot do without a cake or candy, then you need to start preparing yourself for this psychologically. Self-hypnosis is a very effective means of dealing with many problems. If you want to know how to deal with overeating, then one of the ways to achieve this goal is auto-training. In addition, use smaller plates when eating food, because a small portion in them will visually look larger.
- Do not do other things during the meal. And we have already mentioned this problem today. Many people cannot watch TV or surf their favorite sites without food. As we said above, if you do not concentrate on the process of eating, then be sure to eat too much.
- Take your food slowly. You cannot strive to swallow food as quickly as possible, you must chew it thoroughly. This will allow the body to process it faster, and the brain will receive a signal from the corresponding receptors for saturation a little earlier.
- Food is a pleasure. The quality of food is worth enjoying, but there is no need to make a cult out of it. There are receptors on the tongue that are very sensitive to changes in taste. During the first seconds of eating, you can enjoy the taste and, as a result, feel full faster.
- Food should be satisfying. Nourishing and high-calorie are different concepts and this is worth remembering. For example, chips are a very high-calorie product, but at the same time they are poorly saturated. Eat only those foods for which the stomach signals fullness in time.
For more details on overeating and how to avoid it, see the following video: