How to get rid of yellow sweat stains on white, black and colored items? Why do they appear, are difficult to clean and how to prevent them? Tips and tricks for removal and helpful videos. Every person faces the problem of yellow sweat spots. Their appearance is most noticeable under the armpits and on the back. Moreover, white silk and woolen things "suffer" most of all. The best way to deal with the problem is to wash your clothes on time. At the same time, stains should be removed correctly. We'll figure out.
Removing yellow sweat stains from white and light clothing - the best ways
Any pollution on white clothes is much more noticeable, incl. and sweat. There are many ways to remove yellow sweat stains today. Let's consider the most effective ones.
Mix 4 tbsp. l. soda with 0.25 tbsp. water to make a gruel. With a brush, rub the problem areas with the mixture obtained, soak for 1–1, 5 hours and wash your clothes. If necessary, repeat the procedure in the same scenario. Use baking soda on any material other than black cloth, otherwise white marks will remain. In addition to the fact that the soda solution removes stains, including old ones, it also disinfects clothes and removes the smell of sweat.
Salt is a universal remedy that revives products made of linen, silk, cotton, denim. Dilute 1 tbsp. salt in 200 ml of water. Apply the solution to stains, leave for 2 hours and wash clothes. To enhance its effect, you can add a little alcohol.
Persol is a chemical bleach that must be handled carefully, avoiding contact with the eyes and skin of the hands. Therefore, to protect your eyes, use goggles, hands - rubber gloves. Mix 1 tsp. persalt with 200 ml of water and a toothbrush, rub the solution into the stain with gentle circular movements. Leave the clothes on for 1-1.5 hours and wash as usual.
Laundry soap should be brown, not white. It can be used to remove yellow sweat stains in several ways:
- Laundry soap and boiling. This method is only suitable for cotton fabrics. Grate the laundry soap on a grater (0.5 tbsp.) And put in an enamel bucket of water, in which then place the clothes and boil until the soap is completely dissolved. Then reduce heat to low setting and cook for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Laundry soap and oxalic acid. Lather the brush with laundry soap, rub the stain and leave for 30 minutes. Then wash, wipe the clothes with a solution of oxalic acid (1 tablespoon for 1 tsp) and rinse off after 10 minutes.
At 0, 25 st. Crush 2 aspirin tablets with warm water. Moisten the stains with the solution and leave for 2-3 hours. Rinse and wash as usual. Acetylsalicylic acid removes old dirt. The method is effective for any material. But for delicate fabrics, it is better to use a more liquid aspirin solution. If traces are still visible, then increase the concentration of the substance: dilute the aspirin with water until it becomes a thick slurry, apply to the stain, wait an hour and wash.
In order for the smell of ammonia to quickly disappear from clothes, the product must be washed in a large amount of cold water.
- Ammonium and salt. Mix 200 ml of water with 1 tsp. ammonia and 1 tsp. salt. Rub the solution into the stain with a brush, wait half an hour and wash the product.
- Ammonium and denatured alcohol. Mix denatured alcohol and ammonia in a 1 to 1 ratio. Apply the mixture to clothes and wash after half an hour. You can mix alcohol with chicken yolk and repeat the procedure in the same sequence.
Dish soap can help remove sweat marks. 1 tsp Dilute the fairies in 200 ml of water. Treat problem areas with a solution and leave for 2 hours. Then wash your clothes as usual.
Hydrogen peroxide is sold in every pharmacy. Soak the whole thing or just the yellow spot for 30 minutes in water with peroxide (1 liter per 1 tbsp. L.). Then wash as usual. If stains are old, use the component undiluted. Soak a napkin in peroxide and carefully treat the problem area, rinse with water and dry.
1 tsp acid, dilute in 1 tbsp. water. Soak a cotton swab in the solution and soak yellow stains. Leave it for half an hour to absorb the citric acid, then machine wash it.
Vodka or vinegar
Mix one of the substances with water in a 1: 1 ratio. Apply the solution to contaminated areas, leave for 2 hours and wash. The products are suitable for fine knitwear, wool, light cotton.
How to remove yellow sweat stains from black clothes?
Washing black clothes is practically no different from methods of removing yellow sweat stains on light-colored fabrics. It's just that some methods brighten the material, so they can't be used. Otherwise, light areas will appear instead of sweat stains.
Lather the soap in warm water, rub over the marks, soak for an hour and wash. The method is suitable for woolen products.
The method is used for silk. Soak clothes in warm water, treat with a saline solution of salt (1 tablespoon per 200 ml of water) and wash in a washing machine on a delicate mode for no more than 10 minutes, so as not to change the structure of the fabric.
1 tsp dilute ammonia in 1 liter of water and wash the thing. The method will remove stains if you need to wash things by hand.
Salt and ammonia
The product is effective for cotton and linen. Mix 1 tsp. each component and dilute with 200 ml of water. Apply the solution to the dirty area for 15 minutes and wipe off.
How to avoid yellow sweat stains?
Sweat marks are not easy to remove, so it is best to prevent them. If you follow certain rules, the likelihood of the appearance of yellow spots will decrease.
- Do not forget about hygiene: take a daily shower, and twice in summer: in the morning and in the evening.
- Give up smoking, alcohol, coffee, salty and fatty foods. This will reduce sweating.
- Avoid stressful situations: with nervous excitement, the work of the sweat glands is activated.
- After putting on the item 2-3 times, wash immediately.
- Buy deodorant without aluminum salts, which react with sweat and cause yellowness.
- Wear the item after the deodorant dries.
- Use special pads under your armpits. Hygienic accessories are well attached to things and protect them from yellow marks.
Why are yellow sweat stains difficult to wash off?
Sweat has one negative feature: it eats tightly into the fibers of the material. This results in hard getting rid of stains and odors. Sweat mixes with fatty secretions and bacteria are formed, which provoke darkening of the tissue. Especially acrid sweat in the groin and armpits, because it consists of 85% of water and 15% of proteins and fats. Such a composition promotes deep penetration into the fibers of the fabric, which gives an unattractive appearance and causes an unpleasant odor.
Tips & Warnings for Removing Yellow Sweat Spots from Clothes
To remove yellow traces of sweat effectively, it is recommended to follow some tips:
- Never use chlorine for bleaching. It contains substances that react with proteins that make up sweat. This leads to darkening of the fibers of the fabric in the places where the stains were.
- Do not rub heavily on clothing in contaminated areas to avoid damaging the color.
- Wash clothes at 30 degrees, as warm water tends to "seal" the marks more.
- Remove dirt from the inside. Then there will be no stains around the yellow traces of sweat.
- Test each stain removal method on a small, inconspicuous area of the fabric so as not to damage the product.
- Acetone and acetic acid should not be used to remove yellowness on acetate silk.
- If the slightest stain appears, immediately put the item aside for washing. The sooner you start to fight them, the better and faster it will disappear.
- Work from the edges to the center. If you work in the reverse order, the contamination will only "blur".
- Dry your laundry in the shade, but not on a radiator or in direct sunlight.
- Acetone discolors fabrics, so they cannot remove traces on colored material.
Checking out the myths about removing stains from clothes. The program “Everything will be fine”.
How to wash and remove stains with aspirin?
How to remove yellow sweat stains on white clothes?