What is facial cleansing, the main varieties. Indications and contraindications for the procedure. How is facial cleansing done in the salon? Real reviews.
Facial cleansing is the removal of keratinized epidermal particles, excess fat and mud accumulations from the surface of the skin and from its upper layers. Periodically resorting to this useful procedure, you can significantly improve your appearance, make your face more radiant and fresh, and in the long term maintain your beauty and youth longer.
What is facial cleansing?
In the photo, cleaning the face
Facial cleansing is a cosmetic procedure aimed both at solving existing skin problems and at preventing them. As a result, it will be possible to free pores from sebaceous plugs, reduce oily sheen, reduce the number of blackheads, make acne marks less noticeable and return a pleasant shade to the face. It is carried out either manually or using special equipment.
Most women do superficial skin cleansing on their own, every evening removing the remnants of makeup, dust and sebum with milk or lotion. For deep cleansing of the face, special tools and techniques are required, and the frequency of its implementation is determined individually, based on the condition and properties of the skin. One lady needs to resort to this procedure every 3-5 weeks, and another - 2-3 times a year is enough.
Types of face cleansing:
- Mechanical or manual … The cosmetologist performs all manipulations with his hands or with the help of the simplest tools - needles, loops, Uno spoons.
- Ultrasonic … Superficial cleaning of the skin is carried out using an apparatus that produces sound waves. This is one of the most delicate and suitable procedures even for very sensitive skin.
- Vacuum … It is performed with the help of a drainage tube, which removes all unnecessary from the pores of the skin, acting on the principle of a vacuum can.
- Laser … This is a rather traumatic, but effective procedure, during which sebum, keratinized skin scales and other impurities are evaporated under the action of a laser beam.
- Electroplating … Weak discharges of electric current, together with alkaline agents, dissolve the dirt accumulated in the pores, which then comes to the surface in the form of soapy foam and is removed by the beautician.
- Combined … It involves a combination of several types of cleansing, each of which complements the action of the others.
Indications for facial cleansing
It is not difficult to understand that the skin needs professional cleaning. This is eloquently indicated by changes in her condition and appearance.
Indications for facial cleansing by a beautician:
- black spots;
- enlarged pores;
- pronounced oily sheen;
- nondescript, uneven complexion;
- general deterioration in skin tone.
Regular facial cleansing is necessary not only for problematic, but also for normal skin without pronounced defects, since it allows it to maintain a healthy appearance and not lose its attractiveness.
Contraindications to facial cleansing
It is a mistake to believe that cleaning is a procedure in all respects safe and does not require serious treatment. With the wrong approach, it can injure the skin, cause the appearance of age spots and accelerate the fading processes instead of delaying them, therefore, choose a master to perform the procedure with all seriousness.
It is strictly forbidden to cleanse the skin if the face has:
- abrasions and cuts;
- spider veins and bruises;
- chemical or thermal burns, including sunburn;
- traces of any skin disease;
- a large scattering of acne that must be treated by a dermatologist.
Some types of hardware cleaning are contraindicated in diseases associated with the cardiovascular system - thrombosis, hypertension, angina pectoris, etc.
Important! If you have allergies or are taking any medications, be sure to warn the master about this.
How is face cleansing done?
First of all, the master must determine the type of the client's skin and outline the range of problems, which will help to choose the most suitable type of facial cleansing. The final decision will be yours, but do not dismiss the recommendations of the beautician, aiming at a single procedure recommended by girlfriends or Internet users. The specialist knows best what is right for you.
Mechanical face cleansing
Although today mechanical cleaning is considered an outdated method, it still remains in demand in some situations - for example, when the face has large blackheads, clogged pores and blackheads. The easiest way to get rid of them is with the help of special tools.
How to do mechanical face cleansing:
- The skin is cleansed of impurities and makeup residues.
- To force the pores to open, the skin is steamed using a hot compress, mini-sauna or paraffin mask. Less commonly, when it comes to the thin and sensitive dermis, a layer of cold hydrogenation gel is applied to it.
- Open pores are cleaned with a Uno spoon, a loop or directly with your fingers. Often, for better cleaning of the face from acne, a needle is used, which is used to pierce the tops of ripening acne, and to get rid of the stratum corneum - a brush and grinding stones (this type of cleaning is called a bussage).
- The cleaned skin is disinfected again.
- Make a cooling and soothing mask.
After mechanical cleaning, the face remains reddened and irritated for some time, therefore it should be protected from contact with cosmetics, hot steam of the sauna or sunlight. However, after a few days, redness disappears, and the skin becomes clean and smooth, without enlarged pores, comedones and greasy shine.
The price of mechanical face cleansing in the salon is 1000-2500 rubles.
Ultrasonic face cleansing
It is considered the most atraumatic procedure among all hardware and manual techniques, since it does not bring discomfort, does not cause swelling and redness. The skin is exposed to ultrasound, as a result of which everything unnecessary is split and removed from the dermis - sebaceous plugs, comedones and keratinized scales.
How ultrasonic face cleansing is done:
- The skin is cleaned and disinfected.
- A gel is applied, which is a conductor for the ultrasonic wave.
- The master takes the apparatus with the scrubbing attachment in his hand and slowly guides it over the problem areas of the face. In the process of work, the beautician periodically wipes the skin and the attachment of the apparatus with a disinfectant.
- In the final, the face is disinfected again.
- As a final step, apply a soothing gel or moisturizing mask.
The appearance of the skin before and after cleansing the face with ultrasound is strikingly different, it looks more hydrated and smoother, firmer and younger. In addition, the procedure has a beneficial effect on capillaries and lymphatic vessels, improves cellular metabolism, and normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands.
The cost of 1 procedure ranges from 800 to 3000 rubles, and the full course includes 3-8 sessions carried out with a difference of 14 days.
Vacuum face cleansing
As you might guess from the name, within the framework of this procedure, an apparatus is used that creates a vacuum on the skin. A miniature "vacuum cleaner" gently but qualitatively pulls sebum out of the pores, collects keratinized particles and traces of dirt from the surface of the face, and does a light massage.
How to do vacuum face cleansing:
- The skin is cleaned of impurities and particles of cosmetics, disinfected.
- The pores are opened with a hot compress, paraffin wax or miniature sauna. In some cases, a lotion based on fruit, glycolic or salicylic acid is used to "loosen" the upper layer of the epidermis.
- On different parts of the face, they slowly carry out the attachment of the apparatus that creates a vacuum.
- The skin is cleansed and soothed with a mild lotion or mask.
Just like cleaning the face with ultrasound, the vacuum-based procedure does not cause pain, irritation or swelling. It perfectly removes superficial comedones, acne and blackheads, improves skin tone, evens out color, but does not cope well with serious acne that affects the deeper layers of the dermis.
The price of a vacuum cleaning session is 1200-1500 rubles, and the full course may include 4 or 10 procedures, depending on the condition of the skin. They are done every 2 weeks.
Laser facial cleansing
Laser facial cleansing is one of the most expensive but effective procedures that are aimed at solving several aesthetic problems at once. Thanks to the ability to regulate the intensity of the beam, the specialist can "evaporate" the upper stratum corneum and free it from all kinds of impurities or penetrate into the deep layers, relieving the client of scars and scars and stimulating the processes of collagen and elastin synthesis in cells. The penetration depth of the beam also depends on the type of laser: for example, erbium has a gentle effect, and fractional - more pronounced.
How to clean your face with a laser:
- The skin is cleaned of make-up, sebum and other impurities, after which it must be treated with an antiseptic.
- Since laser cleaning is a rather painful procedure, anesthesia gel is used in most cases.
- The beautician adjusts the settings of the device, setting the necessary parameters.
- Problem areas of the skin are exposed to a laser beam. At this stage, unpleasant sensations and a burning smell may appear.
- The face is lubricated with a healing, soothing and moisturizing agent.
Important! Often, before the actual cleaning, the master makes a light peeling or a warming mask to open the pores.
After cleaning the face with a laser, the skin remains red and swollen for several days, since the effect of the beam is comparable to a burn. But under the condition of careful care, protection from the sun, refusal to visit saunas, swimming pools and tanning salons, recovery occurs quickly. As a result, the skin becomes smooth, oily sheen disappears, acne and small age spots disappear, fine wrinkles are smoothed out.
How much does face cleaning in a particular salon cost depends on the type of laser and its area of application, but it rarely costs less than 2500-3000 rubles. The result of laser cleaning is visible after the first session, but if necessary, the cosmetologist can prescribe 1-2 additional procedures, each with an interval of 1, 5-4 months.
Galvanic face cleansing
Budget galvanic cleaning involves the use of alkaline solutions to combat skin imperfections and an electric current, with the help of which they penetrate deep into the pores. As a result, dusty-greasy plugs soften, dissolve and saponify (transform into soap suds), after which the master removes them from the client's face.
How to do galvanic face cleansing:
- With the help of cosmetic milk or lotion, the skin is cleansed of dust and cosmetics.
- Apply an alkaline solution and wait a few minutes.
- The beautician turns on the device for cleansing the face and massages its tip through the problem areas.
- The foam that appears is carefully eliminated with napkins and cotton pads.
- At the end of the procedure, the face is thoroughly cleansed again and treated with soothing and moisturizing agents.
Disincrustation has managed to prove itself well as an effective procedure for cleansing the face from blackheads, acne and oily sheen. It allows you to give the skin a refreshed appearance, prevent loss of elasticity, restore a healthy color, however, it is ineffective against age spots and wrinkles.
1 session of galvanic cleaning costs 500-1500 rubles. For a lasting result, it is recommended to undergo 3-4 procedures with an interval of 2-3 weeks.
Combined facial cleansing
Combined facial cleansing is used in cases where the use of one method or another does not provide the desired effect, but in tandem they allow you to achieve maximum results.
For example, the device for ultrasonic face cleansing is too soft to be used on areas with deep and pronounced comedones, so the master often supplements it with manual methods.
Likewise, the use of a vacuum or electric current often requires reinforcement in the form of a needle, Uno spoon, and other tools for cleansing the face, and sometimes chemical peels. As a rule, special attention must be paid to the wings and bridge of the nose, the temporal region, the chin and the forehead.
The cosmetologist will be able to determine which facial cleansing will best cope with the client's problems only after a thorough examination, therefore it is difficult to define in advance a clear framework for the cost of such a procedure. Typically, prices for complex cleaning start at 1200 rubles. and can go up to 2500-3500 rubles.
Real reviews of facial cleansing
Reviews about facial cleansing are rarely negative if a woman has chosen a good master and a salon equipped with the latest technology. If these conditions are met, complaints related to skin cleansing are usually left by girls with a low pain threshold, for whom, in principle, such procedures are difficult. However, some people happen to face such unforeseen consequences of cleansing the face from acne and blackheads as age spots, inflammation or a decrease in skin elasticity. Diligent adherence to the recommendations of a cosmetologist, the use of high-quality care products and an overall healthy lifestyle will help minimize risks.
Irina, 39 years old
I will say right away that laser cleaning is painful. My face was burning like hell, so even the panthenol that the beautician applied to the skin did not help much. She sat in front of the fan, fanned herself, smeared with panthenol every 2 hours. But the next day it became easier, and after 5 days peeling passed, the skin was renewed, tuberosity went away, acne scars smoothed out. There is a result, but not final, in a month I will go to the procedure again.
Alena, 26 years old
I believe that ultrasonic cleaning is suitable for girls who do not have real skin problems, but just want to refresh their face and get rid of minor imperfections. The procedure itself was painless, but the face after it turned out to be somehow … rumpled, or something. And for a couple of days there were still red spots where the cosmetologist was especially zealous. But for 3-4 days I got a perfect smooth face with a delicate blush and porcelain skin! But, I repeat, initially I did not have any serious problems.
Yana, 33 years old
I think it is important to find a good beautician for mechanical cleaning. My ex pressed with extended nails so that the skin burned with fire both before and after! But the current one does the cleaning carefully, using luxury class products, and her hands grow from the right place. I go to her every six months, get rid of all the dirt in the pores, acne and other rubbish. I have enough, especially since I eat right and do not miss the nightly face cleansing.
How to do face cleansing - look at the video: