Design, advantages and disadvantages of storage and instantaneous water heaters. Selection of devices depending on their characteristics, installation instructions. The price of an electric water heater and its installation.
An electric water heater is an autonomous hot water source for domestic use. It operates around the clock and provides warm water to the whole family at any time of the year. We will talk about the types of boilers and the intricacies of their choice further.
Electric water heaters device
A large number of residents of our country are faced with the problem of complete or periodic lack of hot water in apartments and country houses. People without the usual comforts are forced to look for a way out of the situation. Very often, the problem is solved by installing electric water heaters - products with storage (boilers) or flow devices. They function due to the properties of a conductor to heat up when an electric current passes through it.
The models differ structurally, and each has its own field of application. Boilers, due to the presence of the storage, are most often installed in large houses with several points of the fence. Flow models heat water instantly and have no storage tanks. They are used in summer cottages and small country houses and usually only serve one crane. Consider the design and principle of operation of each type of device.
Electric storage water heater device
There are many models of electric storage water heaters, but their basic elements are the same:
- External tank (body) … Has strength elements for wall or floor fixing. Determines the appearance of the product. All parts of the device are located in the outer casing.
- Inner tank … This is the container in which the liquid is heated and stored. It contains heating elements and other devices that ensure the functioning of an electric water heater.
- Insulation layer … Placed between the outer and inner tank. Does not allow liquids to cool for a long time.
- Heating elements … Heat source for the device.
- Cold water supply pipe to the tank … Located at the bottom of the product.
- Hot water intake pipe … The pipe inlet is located at the top of the tank.
- Divider … A shroud in the inner container that distributes cold liquid evenly.
- Thermostat … A device for regulating the temperature of heating water with a simultaneous change in electricity consumption.
- Thermometer … Shows the temperature in the tank.
- Magnesium anode … Protects metal parts from corrosion.
- Remote Control … It contains knobs and buttons for setting up the boiler operation.
- Control system … Consists of various sensors and devices that control the operation of an electric water heater.
- Protection system … Turns off the device to prevent breakdowns.
Many boilers for heating water are equipped with additional elements that increase their functionality and safety:
- Heating temperature control … The function allows you to set the maximum water temperature, for example, to protect children from burns.
- Rapid heating … When this function is enabled, the device operates in maximum mode, which allows you to heat the liquid 2-3 times faster. Storage electric water heaters with two heating elements have such capabilities.
- Splash proof … Determines the degree of safety of the model when droplets fall on it. The minimum value "0" indicates no protection, the maximum "8" indicates that the device is protected from all sides.
- overheat protection … Turns off the product when it reaches the maximum fluid temperature for the model.
- Frost protection … Does not allow the temperature in the tank to drop below +5 degrees. When the limit value is reached, the electric water heater turns on and heats the liquid. The function can be useful if the boiler is installed in a country house without heating.
- Dry start protection … Does not allow supplying current to the heating element if the tank is dry.
- Surge protection … It is necessary to prevent breakdowns of the electronic control unit of an electric boiler, which is sensitive to sudden voltage surges.
- Shock protection … Switches off the device if the housing is energized.
- Safety valve … Reduces excessive pressure in the container.
- Diagnostic system … Checks the operability of the device and displays the causes of the malfunction on the display.
- Water flow limiter … Present for flow heaters. Reduces head to increase fluid temperature.
- Self-cleaning … Increases the time between cleaning or replacing heating elements.
- Antilegionella … When this mode is turned on, the water is heated up to +65 degrees to destroy harmful microorganisms.
- Smart mode … When it is turned on, the liquid flow rate and its temperature are automatically recorded and analyzed. As a result, the device heats the water to the desired temperature only during the period of time determined by the control unit.
- Work on the program … The function turns the device on and off at a specified time. The mode is convenient when there is a double electricity tariff, in which it is possible to pay at a lower tariff.
- Remote control … It is used if the electric water heater is located far from the point of use.
- Indicators … They are installed to control the connection of the device to the network and the operation of heating elements.
- Display … Displays information about the current operation of the product, including the pressure and temperature in the tank.
- Filter … Purify the water from impurities at the inlet to the tank.
- WI-FI … The design contains devices that allow you to control an electric water heater remotely via the Internet.
Boilers work as follows. After opening the inlet tap, the tank is filled with water flowing through the intake pipe at the bottom of the device. With the help of a thermostat connected to the heating element, the required temperature in the tank is adjusted (from 38 to 85 degrees). After turning on the electric boiler to heat the water into the network, its temperature rises. When the set temperature is reached, the thermostat automatically turns off the heating element. After opening the shower tap, sink or other point, the pressure in the accumulator decreases, cold water begins to flow into the boiler from below and displace hot water through the pipe at the top of the product into the main line. As the contents of the storage tank are consumed, the temperature in the tank drops. If it has dropped by more than 3 degrees, the thermostat turns on the heating elements again.
Electric instantaneous water heater device
An electric instantaneous water heater consists of the following elements:
- Frame … Designed to accommodate device parts. Has an external protective and decorative coating.
- Heat exchange tube … It is carried out in the form of a coil or spiral. Water is heated through it.
- A heating element … In it, electrical energy is converted into heat. It is placed in a separate metal container or inside a heat exchange tube.
- Flow sensor … It reacts to a change in the pressure at the inlet to the electric water heater and transmits a signal to turn on or off the heating elements.
- Electromagnetic starter … Needed to control large electrical currents.
- Thermostat … With its help, the water temperature is regulated depending on the pressure.
- Thermometer … Shows the current storage temperature.
- Thermal fuse … Turns off the instantaneous electric water heater when it reaches 65 degrees.
The device may include additional sensors and devices that increase its functionality (the same as for storage models).
The electric instantaneous water heater works as follows. After opening the tap at the intake point in the heat exchanger, the pressure drops and water begins to flow through it. If the liquid pressure is strong enough, the contacts close in the sensor and a signal is sent to turn on the device. The instantly heated coil heats the liquid flowing through the heat exchange tube to the value set on the thermostat. If you change the pressure (screw on the tap), the thermostat will reduce the current, providing the set temperature at the inlet from the electric water heater. To turn off the device, just turn off the tap. As a result, the pressure in the system will rise, and the pressure sensor will disconnect the heating elements from the mains.
Advantages and disadvantages of electric water heaters
Before choosing an electric water heater, study the advantages and disadvantages of several devices and analyze the features of their operation.
On electric boilers, user reviews are in most cases positive. The advantages of devices include the following factors:
- Several points of consumption can be connected to the product.
- Electric water heaters with accumulators consume no more than 2 kW (like a kettle), so there is no need to pull a separate power cable for them. This is an important advantage of the boiler, which allows it to be used in conditions of power shortage, for example, in the country.
- Hot water flows to the taps even at low (within 2 atm.) Pressure in the system.
- In the boiler, you can heat the liquid to a temperature of 80-85 degrees, which allows it to be used in a home heating system.
- The cost of an electric water heater with storage is low and affordable for users with any income.
- The liquid in the tank remains warm for a long time.
- If used correctly, the device will work for 10-15 years.
However, one must also remember about the disadvantages of an electric water heater with a storage:
- Products have large dimensions due to the presence of a tank and take up a lot of space.
- There are restrictions on the amount of hot water - its amount depends on the size of the tank.
- The technology for installing an electric boiler is complex, therefore it is recommended to invite a specialist to the installation.
- The device is not able to instantly heat the water.
- Products need constant maintenance. Salt deposits are deposited on the walls of the heating elements, so they need to be changed every 2-3 years.
- The entire volume of the contents is heated in the boiler, which is not always justified.
- Electric water heaters with a tank consume electricity even if there is no liquid flow.
Flow-through heaters have a number of advantages that are inaccessible to boilers:
- Such models have small dimensions. They can be installed anywhere - on the sink, behind the toilet cistern, etc. Some models fit in the tap.
- The liquid heats up instantly. Instantaneous electric water heater is ready for operation immediately after switching on.
- Products heat an unlimited amount of liquid to a temperature of 60 degrees.
- There are no requirements for the quality and composition of the liquid.
- All internal parts of the product are made of non-ferrous metals that are not afraid of corrosion.
- The design has a temperature control system.
- Installation of an electric boiler and its maintenance is very simple.
- The product heats only the amount of water required for a particular procedure.
- The installation of the device is very simple, and any user can perform it.
The main disadvantages of an instantaneous electric water heater for an apartment:
- Large power consumption, therefore, a separate power cable withstanding at least 3 kW must be routed to it from the shield. They often operate from a 380 V network.
- The device is not capable of heating liquid above 45-60 degrees.
- For the normal functioning of the product, a large pressure in the line is required. At a low head, the performance of the device decreases.
- Household instantaneous heaters are designed for only one point of consumption.
- The cost of quality devices is higher than that of boilers.
Selection of electric boilers for heating water
Electric storage water heaters are produced in a wide range of models and differ in size, performance, saturation, etc. Consider the main parameters that you need to pay attention to when choosing them. Remember that changing one parameter affects all characteristics of the product.
For example, we will give the range of products of the Termex company:
|Model||Volume, l||power, kWt||Working pressure, atm.||Voltage, V||Weight, kg||Tank wall thickness, mm||Heating time up to + 45 ° С|
|IS 30 V||30||2||6||220||11.2||1.2||0:50|
|IS 30 H||30||2||6||220||11.3||1.3||0:50|
|IS 50 H||50||2||6||220||13.8||1.3||1:20|
|IR 80 V||80||2||6||220||21.8||1.3||2:10|
|IR 80 H||80||2||6||220||21.8||1.3||2:10|
|IR 100 V||100||2||6||220||24.3||1.3||2:40|
|IR 100 H||100||2||6||220||24.3||1.3||2:40|
|IR 120 V||120||2||6||220||28.5||1.3||3:10|
|IR 120 H||120||2||6||220||28.5||1.2||3:10|
Types of devices according to the method of installing an electric water heater:
- Wall mounted boiler … It is attached to the partition, therefore corresponding strength requirements are imposed on it. The volume of such storage tanks does not exceed 150 liters. Suspended boilers with a volume of more than 100 liters are recommended to be additionally secured with supports to reduce the load on the partition. Wall units can be horizontal or vertical. The first type can be installed in a niche or on a shelf, but they will not fit in small rooms. Vertical electric water heaters fit well in toilets, showers, etc.
- Floor standing boiler … A large device with no restrictions on weight or volume.
Consumption power is the most important characteristic of boilers, which determines the amount of liquid heated per unit of time. The method of mounting the device depends on it. Electric water heaters up to 2 kW can be plugged into an ordinary socket. If the power is higher, separate wiring is required to connect directly to the panel with a separate fuse. For domestic purposes, a boiler of up to 2.5 kW is enough, and the user decides to pull a separate electric cable for it. The power of the product depends on the volume of the tank - the larger it is, the more powerful the heating elements should be.
The table below shows the dependence of the heating rate on the volume of the tank and the power of the heating elements:
|Boiler power||Water heating time to 65 ° C, hours|
|Storage volume, l|
|1||0, 3||0, 59||0, 89||1, 78||2, 97||4, 75||5, 93||8, 9|
|2||0, 15||0, 30||0, 45||0, 89||1, 48||2, 37||2, 97||4, 45|
|3||0, 10||0, 20||0, 30||0, 59||0, 99||1, 58||1, 98||2, 97|
|4||0, 07||0, 15||0, 22||0, 45||0, 74||1, 19||1, 48||2, 23|
|6||0, 05||0, 10||0, 15||0, 30||0, 49||0, 79||0, 99||1, 48|
|7, 5||0, 04||0, 08||0, 12||0, 24||0, 4||0, 63||0, 79||1, 19|
|9||0, 03||0, 07||0, 10||0, 20||0, 33||0, 53||0, 66||0, 99|
The user pays attention to the volume of the drive first of all. When determining the volume of an electric water heater tank, several factors must be taken into account: the number of people who use hot water, the types of taps and their number, the duration of the procedures. It is not recommended to buy an electric boiler, the volume of which is greater than the needs of the family, because this increases the cost of utilities.
The choice of the volume of the boiler tank, depending on the number of users, is given in the table:
|Number of residents||Shower queue, pers.||Hot water intake points||Tank volume, l|
|1 adult||1||Washing, shower||30||50|
|2 adults||1||Washing, shower||30||50|
|2 adults||2||Washing, shower||50||80|
|2 adults + 2 children||4||Sink, shower, sink, bath||100||120|
|2 adults + 3 children||5||Sink, shower, sink, bath||120||150|
The most reliable materials are stainless steel and titanium enamel. They are durable and tolerate temperature changes well. Sintered metal is considered to be the optimal ratio between price and strength. But this material has a drawback - it does not tolerate temperature changes. Therefore, it is not recommended to heat the tank above 60 degrees. Plastic belongs to the budget option - it is cheap, but fragile.
The type of heating element is of great importance for the reliable operation of the device:
- "Wet" heating element … Consists of a heating thread and a tubular sheath. Differs in reliability and long service life. The disadvantages are low efficiency and a tendency to scale formation.
- "Sukhoi" heating element … The heating element is placed in a special flask and does not come into contact with moisture. It does not build up scale, making it ideal for hard water from a well. It can be easily replaced if necessary. However, its service life is relatively short, and the cost is high.
Most boilers and household instantaneous electric water heaters consume up to 8 kW and operate on 220 V. (single-phase network). For powerful flow products, a three-phase network and a voltage of 380 V are required.
Products are cylindrical, rectangular and flat, so the user has the opportunity to purchase the device that is best suited for a particular location. A flat electric boiler is chosen for installation in small-sized rooms, since it is the most compact, but it is more expensive than other types.
The operation of an electric water heater can be controlled manually (mechanical method) or using an electronic control unit. In the first case, the remote control contains buttons, knobs and other elements for adjusting the main parameters. The functionality of such products is limited. Electronic blocks increase the capabilities of devices, but increase their cost.
Products are purchased with a view to long-term use, which guarantees only high-quality manufacturing. Therefore, buy an electric water heater in specialized stores of well-known companies. Sellers must show a certificate of conformity for this model and issue a warranty card to the buyer. There is a rating of electric water heaters, which is based on the results of many years of operation of the devices. Users speak well of the products of Ariston, Atlantic, Electrolux, Rodau, etc. There are many complaints about the Delfa, ROSS, Titan and others.
Popular boiler models are shown in the table:
|Boiler model||Number of users||Capacity, l||Type of||power, kWt|
|THERMEX FLAT DIAMOND TOUCH ID 50 V||2 adults||30||Horizontal||2|
|ELECTROLUX EWH 30 QUANTUM SLIM||2 adults||30||Vertical||1, 5|
|TIMBERK SWH FSM5 30 V||2 adults||30||Vertical||2|
|THERMEX FLAT DIAMOND TOUCH ID 50 V||2 adults + 1 child||30-50||Vertical||1, 3|
|TIMBERK SWH FSM5 50 V||2 adults + 1 child||30-50||Vertical||2|
|GORENJE OTG80SLSIMBB6||4 adults||60-80||Vertical||2|
|BAXI SV 580||4 adults||60-80||Vertical||1, 2|
|ARISTON ABS PRO R 100 V||5-6 adults||100-120||Vertical||1, 5|
|THERMEX FLAT DIAMOND TOUCH ID 100 V||5-6 adults||100-120||Vertical||1, 3|
How to choose an instantaneous electric water heater?
The wide range of instantaneous water heaters on the market is due to various user requests. There are a number of parameters that you need to pay attention to first of all when buying a device. From them you can judge which electric water heater is best for your case.
Depending on the method of supplying liquid to the device, a distinction is made between non-pressure and pressure models. They differ in power, size and other characteristics that affect their area of application.
A free-flow unit is a small container that is mounted on the wall above the level of the water supply tap. The tank contains a heating element and a valve for limiting the fluid supply. The devices are very easy to use and inexpensive. They are able to heat 3-4 liters of water per minute and serve only one tap. A small amount of liquid is sufficient to wash dishes or hands.
In a pressure flow electric water heater, unlike the previous version, the liquid is always under pressure. The device is equipped with a thermostat for setting the temperature. In turn, pressure models are divided into two types - water heaters for a tap and stand-alone devices.
The product on the tap is a modernized mixer with a powerful heating element placed inside. Controlled by the mixer lever. The device consumes only 2.5 kW, so it can be plugged into an ordinary outlet. It only heats 2-3 liters of liquid per minute and is often placed in the kitchen.
Freestanding instantaneous electric water heaters can be very powerful and capable of providing warm water to several points of consumption at once.
The table below shows the characteristics of the best electric electric heaters of this type:
|Instantaneous water heater model||Number of users||Productivity, l / min.||power, kWt||Possible procedures|
|AEG MP 6||2 adults||2-4||6||Hand washing|
|Stiebel Eltron DHC 8||2 adults + 1 child||4||8||Dishwashing|
|Stiebel Eltron DHF 12 C1||4 adults||5||12||Dishwashing|
|Stiebel Eltron DHF 21 C||5-6 adults||7||21||Take a bath or take a shower|
When choosing an instantaneous electric water heater, pay attention to its safety. Products with enamelled hot part parts, stainless steel elements and quartz-coated copper heaters are considered reliable.
Heating element type:
- Open … The coil is enclosed in plastic tubes that are installed in a plastic case, which heats a thin layer of water around them.
- Closed … In this case, the spiral is placed in a metal flask and does not come into contact with moisture, which makes the design safer.
To control the operation of an electric water heater, a mechanical or electronic control system is used. In the first case, it turns on from the mechanical effect of the flow on the lever of the control system. In the case of a weak pressure, the pressure on the lever is insignificant, and the device may not turn on. In the presence of electronics, microprocessors and sensors are responsible for supplying electricity to the heating elements, which in this case are more reliable.
It will be useful to search for information on the Internet about the product you like. If reviews are divided into positive and negative about this model of an electric water heater, refuse to purchase.
Do-it-yourself electric water heater installation
The installation of an electric water heater is carried out in several stages. First, select the place of installation and ensure the safe connection of the device to the mains. Then fix it in its original place and connect to the line.
Select a location for the water heater based on the following considerations:
- It must not be splashed with water. Models with IP 24 and IP 25 protection are not afraid of them, but if they are flowing, place them in places where water does not get into, for example, under a sink.
- The product is convenient to turn on, turn off or switch to other modes. Therefore, an electric water heater in the bathroom is better than in the toilet.
- Install the device as close as possible to the water intake point. Powerful models, capable of providing several points with hot water at the same time, should be placed near the point with maximum consumption or near the riser.
- It is convenient to carry out installation in the chosen place.
- Electric storage water heaters require a secure wall for fastening. Fasten boilers with a capacity of more than 50 liters only to the supporting wall. Place tanks over 200 liters on the floor.
- The surface of the walls for fixing the product must be flat.
A special place in the preparation of the installation of devices is occupied by monitoring the state of the electrical wiring to which the device is connected. Be sure to check the cable of an instantaneous electric water heater that consumes more than 3 kW. If necessary, extend a separate three-core cable for it and connect it through a 10 A RCD to the shield. The device will protect a person from current leakage. Remember to ground the electric water heater. The wiring diagram must also have a 16A automatic fuse, which will protect the device from short circuits.
The dependence of the cross-section of the supply cable on the current is shown in the table:
|Conductor cross-section, mm||Copper wire|
|Voltage, 220 V||Voltage, 380 V|
|current, A||power, kWt||current, A||power, kWt|
|1, 5||19||4, 1||16||10, 5|
|2, 5||27||5, 9||25||16, 5|
|4||38||8, 3||30||19, 8|
|6||46||10, 1||40||26, 4|
|10||70||15, 4||50||33, 1|
|16||85||18, 7||75||49, 5|
|25||115||25, 3||90||59, 4|
|35||135||29, 7||115||75, 9|
Consider the installation of an electric water heater for a shower (boiler). The work is performed in the following sequence:
- Mark the location of the holes for fixing the unit on the wall. They should be positioned in such a position that, after installation, a gap of at least 15 cm will remain between the tank and the ceiling. It is necessary for the convenience of installing the boiler on hooks.
- Using the markings, make holes for the dowels in the wall.
- Drive the dowels into the holes and screw in the screws, leaving a gap for the fixing strip of the product. For installation, use only the parts supplied with the electric water heater.
- Place the product on the hooks.
- Install a safety valve on the cold water inlet flange (marked in blue) to reduce excess pressure in the tank. Its presence is required, since in its absence, in the event of an increase in pressure, the electric water heater can rupture.
- Attach a plastic tube to the boiler through which the removed liquid is directed to the sewer
- Connect the filter and cold water supply pipe to the safety valve.
- Connect the hot water pipe to the boiler.
- Ground the product.
- Open a cold water tap on the boiler.
- Open a domestic hot water tap.
- Wait until cold liquid comes out of it. This means that the tank is completely full.
- Turn on the product. It is forbidden to turn on the electric water heater if the heating elements are dry. This will cause it to break.
- Make sure warm water comes out of the tap (usually after 30-40 seconds).
- Check that the pressure in the tank does not exceed 6 atm. This is the normal value for the instrument. If the line contains more than 6 atm, be sure to install a pressure regulator (in addition to the safety valve).
- Turn off the electric water heater and wait for cold water to flow from the tap.
- If all requirements are met, the device is ready for use.
The price of an electric water heater and its installation
The installation of the boiler is a complex work, and not all users will be able to carry it out on their own. If you are not familiar with the technology of work, invite an experienced wizard to install the device. The cost of the service is easy to calculate on your own, while you can determine what you can save on.
The costs of arranging an autonomous hot water supply system consist of two items - the cost of the boiler and the work on its installation. If you choose a product by type, then the price of an electric boiler will be cheaper for flow models. The considerable cost of the latter is associated with the high accuracy and complexity of manufacturing flow sensors, heating elements and a thermostat. Therefore, high-quality instantaneous electric water heaters cannot be cheap. If you are offered a product at a low price, it means that low-quality parts are used in it and the manufacturing technology of the device is violated.
The price of an electric water heater also depends on the equipment of the boiler. The more functions the device is capable of performing, the more expensive it is.
The price of storage electric water heaters of various manufacturers in Russia:
|Manufacturer||Tank volume, l||price, rub.|
|Austria email||100||from 38700|
The price of storage electric water heaters of various manufacturers in Ukraine:
|Manufacturer||Tank volume, l||Price, UAH.|
|Austria email||100||from 18700|
The price of instantaneous electric water heaters from various manufacturers in Russia:
The price of instantaneous electric water heaters of various manufacturers in Ukraine:
The cost of installing an electric water heater is influenced by the place of installation and the type of product. Installation of powerful flow-through models is more expensive due to the need to finalize the electrical network in the room.
Installation price of electric water heaters in Russia:
|Installation of boilers||price, rub.|
|Installation of an instantaneous water heater for a shower||from 1000|
|Connecting an instantaneous water heater to a domestic water supply||from 1500|
|Laying the power wire of the instantaneous water heater||from 80|
|Laying the power cable of the instantaneous water heater in the box||from 100|
|Installation of an automatic fuse in the electrical panel||from 450|
|Installation of RCD||from 1000|
|Complete installation of the water heater||from 1500|
|Installation of a water heater up to 3.0 kW||from 1100|
|Installation of a water heater from 3.1-5.5 kW||from 1300|
|Installation of a water heater up to 6 kW||from 1500|
|Installation of a boiler 10-15 l||from 2000|
|Installation of a boiler up to 50 l||from 1600|
|Installation of a boiler from 55-80 l||from 1900|
|Installation of a boiler for 80-100 l||from 3500|
|Installation of a 100 l boiler||from 3000|
|Installation of a boiler from 150 l||from 4500|
|Laying pipes through the wall||from 250|
|Installation of a socket for an electric heater||from 250|
|Pressure reducer assembly||from 350|
Installation price of electric water heaters in Ukraine:
|Installation of boilers||Price, UAH.|
|Installation of an instantaneous water heater for a shower||from 450|
|Connecting an instantaneous water heater to a domestic water supply||from 730|
|Laying the power wire of the instantaneous water heater||from 40|
|Laying the power cable of the instantaneous water heater in the box||from 60|
|Installation of an automatic fuse in the electrical panel||from 200|
|Installation of RCD||from 450|
|Complete installation of the water heater||from 630|
|Installation of a water heater up to 3.0 kW||from 470|
|Installation of a water heater from 3.1-5.5 kW||from 520|
|Installation of a water heater up to 6 kW||from 660|
|Installation of a boiler 10-15 l||from 870|
|Installation of a boiler up to 50 l||from 730|
|Installation of a boiler from 55-80 l||from 760|
|Installation of a boiler for 80-100 l||from 1600|
|Installation of a 100 l boiler||from 1200|
|Installation of a boiler from 150 l||from 2100|
|Laying pipes through the wall||from 100|
|Installation of a socket for an electric heater||from 100|
|Pressure reducer assembly||from 130|
Real reviews of electric water heaters
Ivan, 45 years old
After disconnecting our house from hot water supply, we were faced with the question of buying a water heater. We considered 2 options - to install a gas or electric appliance. The gas unit is attractive due to the relatively low cost of heating the liquid. However, it had to be abandoned due to the impossibility of obtaining permission for installation. But no documents are required to install the electric model. We supplied an electric storage water heater with a volume of 80 liters in the shower and connected it to all points of consumption - to the sink, the bathroom and the washstand. After checking the electricity consumption, we came to the conclusion that the boiler is more profitable than centralized water supply, especially in the summer, so we wrote to the housing office a statement about the refusal of the services of hot centralized water supply, which we have not regretted for 2 years.
Evgeniya, 37 years old
We come to the dacha all year round: in the summer - to swim, in the winter - to fish and ski. For a long time we had a problem with hot water: the dacha cooperative was not supplied with gas, and flow models consume a lot of electricity. We did not want to buy boilers because of the constant draining of water before leaving in the cold season. The problem was solved when we were advised an electric water heater with advanced features - with frost protection, with the ability to program the work and having a control function via Wi-Fi. Now the temperature in the tank on weekdays is maintained at +10 degrees, and on holidays and weekends (before our arrival) it rises automatically according to the program. We are very pleased with the new purchase, because it is now safe to leave a full electric water heater on for a long time.
Vadim, 28 years old
My wife and I are waiting for a new apartment in a building under construction, but for now we temporarily live in a small apartment with a tiny kitchen. Hot water in the house is rare, and we solved the problem with the help of a non-pressure electric water heater that provides 2-3 liters of warm liquid per minute. This amount, of course, is not enough for a family, but only a low-power device with small dimensions can be placed in our kitchen. We are pleased that to connect it, it was not necessary to redo the electrical wiring in the house and install RCDs and automatic fuses. There is enough water for washing dishes and for morning procedures, but for a temporary stay, this is enough. The gravity electric water heater has proven to be reliable and works well under extreme conditions. Therefore, after the housewarming, we plan to transport him to the country house and continue to use the device under new conditions.
How to install an electric water heater - watch the video:
An electric water heater is an essential device for a comfortable stay. This is a complex product that is not easy to assemble. Only strict adherence to the installation requirements will ensure long-term operation of the device without interruptions for costly repairs. Therefore, an electric water heater can only be installed by people with the appropriate knowledge and experience of such work.