How to make delicious zucchini jam? TOP 6 best step by step recipes. Cooking features, video recipes.
Zucchini jam is a delicacy that does not require a lot of money and effort for cooking, but at the same time it can surprise even a sophisticated gourmet with its taste. Zucchini jam recipes, although not widespread, are gaining popularity quite quickly. Besides the fact that this vegetable has the ability to absorb odors and tastes of other products, it is also a natural thickener, as it contains a lot of pectin. Therefore, the preparation of sweet treats from it is highly justified.
Features of cooking zucchini jam
The secret to delicious zucchini jam is that this watery, porous vegetable from the Pumpkin family has a neutral flavor, making it an ideal candidate for a main ingredient in not only salty dishes, but also sweet desserts. It is enough to add one or more fruits or berries to it, and the taste of a winter delicacy will already be transformed beyond recognition. By varying the ingredients and creating different combinations with the zucchini, you can add a variety of flavors to the jam, such as pineapple or lemon.
Here are some useful recommendations on how to make zucchini jam at home
- Regardless of what kind of vegetable you are going to make jam from, you always need to peel and take out the seed box.
- Do not neglect the quality of the fruit. For jam, only healthy and fresh fruits are needed, without obvious flaws and dents.
- To make the dessert as tender as possible, it is recommended to use young, only ripe fruits. It is worth noting that they are also subject to a seed and skin removal procedure.
- But for jam from zucchini in pieces, it is better to choose old, dense fruits, since they have less juice than young vegetables, and they will keep their shape better.
- The best flavor for zucchini in jam would be fruit with a strong aroma, such as citrus fruits. Any representative of this culture will do: grapefruit, pomelo, lemon, lime, orange, etc.
- To make the zucchini better saturated with syrup and begin to taste like candied fruits, it is worth choosing a recipe for zucchini jam, which involves a long cooking. This will reduce the nutritional value of the product, but the dessert will be really thick, rich and smooth.
- So that the citrus treats do not taste bitter, you must first pour boiling water over them. There are several other effective ways, for example, to remove the peel, seeds, veins and films, which have a bitter taste. In this case, the zest must be grated and added to the dish, as it gives the latter its delicious aroma.
- Avoid using aluminum jams. A stainless steel pot is ideal.
- In order for the workpiece to be stored longer, jars and lids must be sterilized without fail. This can be done in any convenient way - in the oven, microwave, steam or by boiling.
- It is recommended to store the workpiece in a cool place - pantry, cellar, refrigerator, loggia, etc.
Note! The longer the marrow jam is cooked for the winter, the thicker it will be.
See also the features of making jam from viburnum
TOP 6 recipes for making marrow jam
An original dessert will help diversify your everyday menu. Below are delicious options for making squash jam.
Zucchini and lemon jam
The simplest and most popular recipe for zucchini jam with lemon, which is easy to remember. For its preparation, you will need young zucchini, while no water should be added.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 196 kcal.
- Servings - 8
- Cooking time - 40 minutes
- Zucchini - 1 kg
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 800 g
Step by step cooking zucchini and lemon jam:
- Vegetables need to be washed, peeled, peeled off. If the fruits are still immature and there are no seeds in them, then you can proceed to the next step, otherwise the seeds should be obtained.
- Cut the vegetable into cubes and cover with sugar. Leave to soak for several hours - from 5 to 12.
- Pour boiling water over the citrus, remove the peel, remove seeds and veins. Cut in the same way as in the previous case.
- Place the saucepan with the zucchini on the stove and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add lemon and cook the same amount.
- Pour the ready-made hot squash jam with lemon into a glass container, wait until the jars cool, and put them in a cool place.
Advice! Powdered cinnamon and freshly grated ginger are perfect when paired with these ingredients.
Zucchini jam with dried apricots and lime
This unusual recipe for zucchini jam with dried apricots and lime allows you to get a very fragrant dessert with a rich taste and color at the end. These 3 products combine well with each other to create an amazing bouquet of flavors. The treat turns out to be very tender, like jam. For the recipe, you need a meat grinder.
- Zucchini - 1 kg
- Dried apricots - 1 glass
- Sugar - 1 kg
- Lime - 1 pc.
Step-by-step cooking of zucchini jam with dried apricots:
- Prepare ingredients by washing, peeling and drying.
- Cut the squash into cubes, do the same with lime.
- Scroll all ingredients except sugar in a meat grinder.
- Pour sugar into the resulting gruel and mix thoroughly.
- Put a thick-walled pot with a mass on the fire, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook the mixture for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally and skimming.
- When the jam is ready, place it in clean, dry jars and roll up. Wait until it cools down, put it in the cellar for storage.
Advice! You can diversify the recipe by adding a few mint leaves.
Zucchini jam with oranges
This zucchini jam with orange is prepared in several stages. Thanks to the long soaking in orange syrup, the vegetable pieces acquire a delicious taste and aroma. The treat becomes thick without prolonged heat treatment, which means the preservation of useful substances and the beautiful shape of the fruit in the dessert.
- Zucchini - 1 kg
- Sugar - 850 g
- Oranges - 2 pcs.
Step-by-step preparation of zucchini jam with oranges:
- Wash vegetables and fruits. Peel off both.
- Cut lengthwise, remove pits. Chop into cubes.
- Mix everything in a large bowl of sugar, stir and place on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- After the specified time has passed, transfer everything to a metal container and place on the stove. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove cookware from heat and cool. It will take about 5 hours.
- Repeat the above processes twice more. That is, cook for 5 minutes, cool for 5 hours.
- In the last step, pour the hot jam into jars, cool at room temperature and refrigerate before use.
Zucchini jam with pineapple
This zucchini jam is so successful that it will be very difficult to distinguish where the zucchini is and where the pineapple is. Here, too, multi-stage cooking is used, which makes the zucchini crispy and dense, like candied fruits, indistinguishable from pineapple in taste. The output will be about 1, 3 kg of workpiece.
- Zucchini - 1.5 kg
- Sugar - 1, 2 kg
- Canned pineapple - 300 ml
- Citric acid - 0.5 tsp
Step-by-step cooking of zucchini jam with pineapple:
- Wash the zucchini, peel, remove the soft part, cut into small cubes.
- Pour the liquid from the pineapple into a saucepan, add sugar and boil the syrup. Pour vegetables with this syrup immediately, add citric acid and stir.
- Sweet zucchini must be removed in the cold for soaking for 1, 5 hours.
- When the squash releases their juice, you need to drain it, heat it up again and pour in the zucchini, leave for 1 hour.
- Over time, cut the pineapple in the same way as the zucchini, mix it with the latter and pour everything into a large heat-resistant dish with a thick bottom. Place on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Then you need to cool the contents of the container for several hours.
- Carry out the heating and cooling procedure twice more.
- Heat the mixture again and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Pour hot dessert into sterilized jars, roll up.
Zucchini jam with berries
Another mouth-watering variation of simple zucchini jam. The delicacy according to this recipe turns out to be fragrant and colorful, with a slight sourness. The berries listed in the recipe are universal - they can be added to almost any fruit and even vegetable crops to diversify the taste of the dish.
- Zucchini - 1 kg
- Currant - 300 g
- Blueberries - 300 g
- Sugar - 1.5 kg
Step by step cooking zucchini jam with berries:
- First, let's prepare the berries. They need to be thoroughly washed, allowed to drain water, cuttings removed and spoiled specimens removed.
- Now let's take care of the zucchini - wash it, peel it, cut it into small pieces.
- In a deep bowl, mix all the ingredients and put them in the refrigerator overnight or for 6-12 hours.
- Put everything in a saucepan, basin or saucepan, heat it over a fire.
- After boiling, reduce the heat and cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Cool the jam for several hours.
- We repeat the cooking and cooling procedure. Cook for about 15-20 minutes for the last time.
- We lay out the treat on sterilized glass containers, roll up.
- We turn the cans upside down, cover with a towel and wait until they cool.
- We transfer the dessert to a dark, cool place.
Zucchini jam with apples and sea buckthorn
It turns out to be moderately sweet, not cloying, and at the same time very aromatic, thick and tender. Water is not used in this recipe - sea buckthorn juice is used instead. Use this cooking method if you have nowhere to do with a rich summer-autumn harvest, or if you are bored with monotonous treats and want to create something special.
- Zucchini - 500 g
- Sugar - 1150 g
- Apples - 500 g
- Sea buckthorn - 400 g
Step-by-step cooking of zucchini jam with apples and sea buckthorn:
- Let's sort out the sea buckthorn, rinse it well, put it on a sieve so that the water is glass. You don't need to cut off the ponytails - they will not interfere. We will squeeze the juice in any way. To do this, you can use a juicer, blender or pusher. We use the cake for other purposes; it will not be needed in the step-by-step recipe for zucchini jam.
- The zucchini must be peeled and grated on a coarse grater.
- Peel the apples, cut into 4 parts, remove the seed box. Chop into small cubes or any other convenient form, for example, into thin slices. The latter option is especially useful if the apples are small.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep container. Mix, cover with foil and leave in this state for an hour.
- Put the bowl of jam on the fire, bring to a boil and continue to boil over low heat for about 20 minutes. Do not forget to remove the foam that will form during the cooking process.
- Turn off the gas and let the container cool for 1 hour.
- Put the mass on the stove again and cook for another 20 minutes.
- We lay out the thick jam in the jars, which should already be sterilized. We roll up the same sterile lids.