Farewell to winter is a festivities and pancakes. We share the secrets of cooking and the most delicious TOP-4 recipes with photos of pancakes that can be baked for Maslenitsa at home. Video recipes.
Following the Orthodox tradition, Maslenitsa lasts exactly 7 days. The holiday is dedicated to the end of winter, parting with the cold, the beginning of Lent, the personification of warmth and joy. During this week, it is customary to hold feasts and bake a variety of delicious pancakes. Lush and thin, lacy and smooth, toasted and slightly browned … This is the main dish of the holiday. It is not recommended to replace them with other products, but it is allowed to cook cheese cakes, pies and cakes. Therefore, we share the most delicious TOP-4 recipes for making pancakes for Shrovetide.
- Sift the flour before kneading the dough so that it does not contain lumps with impurities, is saturated with air, and gives the dough fluffiness and lightness.
- If baking powder is added to the dough, it must also be sieved with flour.
- When mixing milk with eggs, the ingredients should be at room temperature. Therefore, remove the eggs from the refrigerator in advance, and heat the milk, but not much, because the egg white will curdle in hot temperature.
- Mix liquid and dry ingredients separately. Then gradually add the sifted flour, stirring the dough so that there are no lumps.
- Leave the finished dough to “rest” for 15 minutes, so that the remaining lumps disperse during this time.
- Before baking pancakes, add a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil to the dough and stir. Then the dough will be more elastic, and the pancakes will not stick to the pan.
- The average consistency of the dough should be neither too thin nor too thick. The perfect pancake dough is like sour cream.
- The best pan for baking pancakes is cast iron. It heats up evenly and keeps it warm for a long time. You can cook pancakes in modern pans, but over time they deform and the thin bottom bends.
- Before baking the first pancake, grease the pan with a little oil. There should not be a lot of it, otherwise the pancakes will come out too greasy. It is convenient to do this with a silicone culinary brush. Then there will be no oil stains.
- Pour the dough into the center of the pan and tilt it in different directions so that it spreads evenly over the entire surface. The thickness of the pancakes depends on the amount of dough poured.
- Only bake pancakes in a hot and well-heated skillet. It is the first pancake that often turns out to be "lumpy" if the pan did not have time to warm up properly.
- As soon as the surface of the pancake has dried, has ceased to be liquid, and the edges have moved away from the sides of the pan, turn it over to the other side. If you keep it on the fire further, waiting for a chocolate crust to appear from below, the pancakes will dry out.
- Use a thin wooden, plastic, or silicone spatula to turn the pancakes over. The metal spatula can tear thin pancakes and damage the frying pan's coating.
- Put the finished pancakes on a plate on top of each other, smearing each with butter.
Thin pancakes with milk
Russian thinnest homemade pancakes with milk for Shrovetide. It is simple to prepare them, the main thing is to make the dough of the desired consistency. Pancakes turn out to be the thinnest, lacy and lightest. They can be stuffed with any fillings or simply eaten with sour cream, honey, jam.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 232 kcal.
- Servings - 35
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Flour - 270 g
- Salt - 0.25 tsp
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons
- Boiling water - 1 tbsp.
- Soda - 0.5 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 50 ml
- Milk - 1 l
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
Cooking thin pancakes with milk:
- Whisk eggs with salt and sugar.
- Pour milk into the egg mass and mix.
- Pour flour next and stir so that there are no lumps.
- Mix boiling water with baking soda and add to the dough.
- Pour in vegetable oil and stir to dissolve completely.
- Let the dough steep for 30 minutes, then fry the pancakes over medium heat.
- Heat the pan well, grease the surface with oil and pour in a little dough.
- Twirl the skillet in the air to distribute the dough evenly over the entire bottom.
- Bake pancakes on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
Pancakes with meat
Beautiful pancakes with meat filling are incredibly tasty and popular appetizer in Russia and European countries. They are usually served for lunch as a main course for the second. They will also be a great addition to a cup of coffee or tea for breakfast.
- Flour - 2, 5 tbsp.
- Milk (warm) - 1 l
- Eggs - 3 pcs. in dough, 1 pc. in the filling
- Soda - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 tbsp. in the dough, 2 tbsp. for making the filling
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Ground beef - 230 g
- Cumin - 1/2 tablespoon
- Black pepper - a pinch
- Water - 0.5 tbsp.
- Butter - 15 g
Making meat pancakes:
- Break the eggs into a bowl of warm milk. Add baking soda, sugar, salt and whisk until smooth.
- Pour flour into the liquid mass and mix well without lumps.
- Pour in the butter, stir and let the dough sit for 15 minutes.
- Then grease the pan with oil and heat. Scoop up the dough with a ladle and pour into the pan. Twirl it so that the dough spreads along the bottom.
- Bake round brown pancakes on both sides for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- For the meat filling, heat a skillet, add oil and place the minced meat with finely chopped onions.
- Season with salt, pepper, spices and stir. After 5 minutes, add water, reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Beat the egg with a little water and add the egg mixture to the meat. Stir and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Put some butter on a hot pancake, meat filling on top and wrap it in a roll or envelope.
Unusually airy, delicate and melt in your mouth - yeast pancakes with milk. This recipe for making pancakes with yeast and milk is not suitable for filling, because they turn out to be magnificent. But they can be supplemented with chocolate, condensed milk or sour cream.
- Flour - 250-300 g
- Yeast - 11 g
- Eggs - 2-3 pcs.
- Milk - 250 ml
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - a pinch
- Vegetable oil - 2-3 tablespoons
Making yeast pancakes:
- Heat the milk a little, send yeast into them and stir. Leave the mixture for 10-15 minutes for the yeast to start working.
- Beat eggs with a whisk with salt and sugar until bubbles appear and combine with milk.
- Pour flour little by little into the liquid mass, whisking thoroughly so that there are no lumps. Pour in a little water if necessary to make the dough runny.
- Add vegetable oil to the finished dough and send it to a warm place for 35-40 minutes. Then beat the dough again and leave to rise again.
- Heat the pan well, brush with a small piece of bacon and pour in a little dough. Holes form immediately on the pancake.
- Fry the pancake on both sides until golden brown. Grease the finished pancakes with butter and serve with any additives.
Cheese pancakes with herbs
Delicious pancakes in dough with cheese and herbs will suit everyone's taste. Grated cheese and chopped herbs are added to the pancake dough. They are fried as usual, and serve deliciously with sour cream.
- Flour - 1 tbsp.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Serum - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Dill and parsley - bunch
- Hard cheese - 70 g
- Vegetable oil - 2-3 tablespoons
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
Cooking cheese pancakes with herbs:
- Beat eggs into a bowl, add sugar, salt, baking powder and whisk. You don't need to add baking powder, but it will make your pancakes more perforated and tender.
- Pour whey into the egg mass and mix.
- Pour in the sifted flour and knead the dough so that it turns out to be thick as sour cream.
- Pour butter into the dough and stir well.
- Wash the greens, dry, chop and add to the dough.
- Grate the cheese on a coarse grater and add to the dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Put the pan on the stove, grease with oil and heat.
- Pour a portion of the dough into the pan and fry the pancakes in the usual way on both sides for 1-2 minutes.