A step-by-step recipe with a photo of the preparation of a universal snack - mackerel semolina at home. A healthy and nutritious dish. Video recipe.
Semolina meatballs are not only a healthy dish, but also a good opportunity to disguise semolina porridge, which many do not like, especially children. They are flat round cutlets that look like cheesecakes. To diversify the taste of semolina meatballs, you can add any products to the composition. For a sweet dish, dried fruits, fruits, berries, nuts, chocolate are suitable … But today I propose to make semolina snack bars from mackerel.
Such delicious semolina and minced fish meatballs are ideal for breakfast. After all, the morning should start with a hearty and healthy breakfast. Because a delicious breakfast is a guarantee of energy for the whole day. Also, the dish is suitable for dinner, afternoon tea and a hearty snack throughout the day. It is convenient to take them with you to work and give them to children to school. They do not take too long to cook, they are simply fried in a pan. They are especially tasty when hot. They can be eaten with various sweet and sour sauces, served with mashed potatoes, boiled rice … This dish will become a favorite for the whole family! Neither children nor adults will refuse it. In addition, the preparation of the dish is very simple.
See also how to bake mackerel in the oven to keep it juicy?
- Caloric content per 100 g - 205 kcal.
- Servings - 15
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Fresh frozen mackerel - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Mayonnaise - 1, 5 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Semolina - 2, 5-3 tbsp.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
Step-by-step preparation of mackerel semolina cakes, recipe with photo:
1. Defrost the mackerel first, because in our country it is usually sold frozen. Then remove all entrails, cut off the head and tail, and separate the fillets from the ridge. Remove all bones from the fillet, wash under running water, dry with a paper towel, cut into medium-sized pieces and lower into the bowl of the food processor.
2. Peel the onions, wash, cut into slices and add to the mackerel in the food processor. Switch on the appliance and grind the food until smooth. If you don't have a food processor, twist the food through a meat grinder.
3. Add mayonnaise to the minced meat and season with salt and black pepper. Add any spices and herbs as desired.
4. Add semolina to the food.
5. Next, pour in a raw egg.
6. Turn on the device and stir the minced meat until smooth. Remove it from the bowl of the food processor and let it sit for 20 minutes for the semolina to swell and expand. Otherwise, it will grind on your teeth in finished products.
7. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat well. Wet your hands with water so that the minced meat does not fall on them. Take a portion of the dough and form into round meatballs. Optionally, the meatballs can be breaded in semolina, bread crumbs, wheat and oat flour.
Put them in a hot skillet, leaving a small distance between the cutlets, because semolina in the process of frying may increase slightly, from which the meatballs stick together.
8. Fry the mackerel semolina over medium heat on both sides until golden brown.
See also a video recipe on how to cook cutlets from river fish caviar, caviar pancakes.