How to cook fried eggs with sausage, cheese and herbs at home? Ingredient combinations, nutritional values and calories. Simple step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
Everyone loves delicious scrambled eggs, but men are especially respected, because can cook it on their own. Therefore, it is the main component of the bachelor menu. However, this quick and traditional option for a hearty breakfast is popular with almost everyone. Family people also will not refuse to have breakfast with such a delicious egg dish. Although my scrambled eggs often serve not only as a morning dish, but as a quick and satisfying snack.
You can do it according to different recipes, but they are all simple, so even a novice hostess will cope with the task. Scrambled eggs are prepared both independently and with various additives. At the same time, the result always remains equally tasty. In this recipe, I present a variant of scrambled eggs with sausages and cheese. It is a powerful boost of energy for the whole day, flavored with novelty of taste. It prepares very easily and quickly, literally in a matter of minutes. At the same time, it turns out tasty, aromatic and especially satisfying. You can add different ingredients to it. And what exactly, I will tell in the recipe below. I will also share the necessary life hacks that will be useful for many.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 165 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons for frying
- Cheese or cheese shavings - 50 g
- Salt - 1/3 tsp or to taste
- Sausages - 100 g (any type of sausage)
- Greens (any) - several branches
Step by step preparation of fried eggs with sausage, cheese and herbs:
1. Place a frying pan with a thick bottom on the stove, add vegetable oil and heat well. You can use olive oil or melted butter. If you are worried that oil for your digestive tract is a heavy product that has a high calorie content, then use one of the life hacks. Use a non-stick pan for frying, as it does not require oil, and eggs do not stick to it. Alternatively, fry the eggs in water instead of butter. You can also line the pan with parchment paper, which does not need to be oiled, and the eggs come off very easily. Or cover the pan with a sheet of thin Armenian lavash and cook scrambled eggs on it. Then you will have a very satisfying dish. Cut the sausage into small pieces (slices, strips, etc.) and put in a pan with heated oil. Fry over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until light golden brown on all sides.
My sausage is a doctor's. But absolutely any sausage product will do: sausage with bacon, semi-smoked, boiled, smoked, dry-cured, salt, you can even take sausages, sausages or ham.
Optionally, after 1 minute of frying, add the sliced tomatoes to the pan and continue cooking together. Then the dish will be more nutritious. In general, you can add any vegetables to your taste, for example, onions, bell peppers, cabbage (white or cauliflower).
2. Make room in the pan for the eggs and turn off the gas for 30 seconds or place the container on a cold hotplate. This is to ensure that the pan does not overheat and the eggs are fried evenly. However, if you like crispy edges, you can skip this step.
Rinse eggs well with cold running water and dry with a paper towel. Break the shells gently to avoid damaging the yolk and pour the contents of the egg into the skillet. You can break them directly over the pan or first into a small separate container and then pour into the pan. Although, GOST orders them to first be poured into a separate container, tk. it is easier to get the shell from here if it gets there and if the egg is missing, you throw it away in time without pouring it into the pan. If suddenly the yolk is damaged and spread, then mix it with the protein right in the pan and cook scrambled eggs with scrambled eggs. It will not be too beautiful, but very tasty.
Fry eggs for 1 minute over low heat. If you cook eggs over high heat, they can burn. And thanks to low heating, the eggs will slowly and evenly fried, and the edges will not dry out. If, on the other hand, you want a crispy crust, then turn on a moderate to medium heat. Sometimes, the egg white does not spread enough, and most of it remains runny around the yolk. If you do not like it, then carefully tear it open with a fork, without touching the yolk. This should be done when the lower part of the protein turns white.
Take homemade eggs, preferably larger. Check them for freshness before cooking. Dip the egg in a bowl of room temperature water and watch the reaction. If it sank to the bottom, it means the egg is fresh, while it went up - stale.
3. When the protein starts to turn slightly white and stick, sprinkle the eggs with cheese shavings. Cheese is definitely better to take Parmesan. But if it is expensive for you, then take any other hard variety. I do not recommend replacing it with a cheese product.
Immediately after adding the cheese, sprinkle the eggs with salt to taste. You can add any spices such as black pepper, Provencal herbs, etc. It is better to salt the eggs at the end of cooking or after serving.
Place the lid with the steam outlet on the pan and let sit for 1 minute. Do not overdo it any longer, because the yolk should remain runny. The "eyes" will tighten a little and undergo heat treatment, while remaining liquid.
4. After 1 minute, sprinkle with chopped herbs (cilantro, parsley, basil, dill, arugula) and remove from heat after 30 seconds. The total cooking time for fried eggs with sausage, cheese and herbs is about 7-8 minutes with minimal heat. If the temperature is higher, it will take a little less time.
Serve it yourself with a slice of bread, baguette, or toast. But it will not be a sin to serve it with vegetables or with a side dish. Season the eggs to taste with ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, and other sauce of your choice. You can change the amount of all the ingredients used in the recipe to your liking.