Advantages and disadvantages of short hair hairstyles. Tools and means necessary for styling. The best hairstyle ideas for short hair are festive and casual.
A hairstyle for short hair is a special shape that is given in the process of curling or styling using additional techniques, tools and tools, which allows you to form a certain image and visually change the appearance. This process has its own difficulties due to the short hair length, but at the same time, short curls have many advantages. In fact, making a hairstyle in this case is quite simple, the main thing is to study several options, and then connect your own imagination and sleight of hand.
The advantages and disadvantages of a short haircut
Short hair for some girls is a salvation and a nice thing, while for others it is a complete disappointment. In the second case, we are talking about the owners of naughty and rare hair, which requires constant care, styling, otherwise it will not look attractive. But it is worth noting that this state of affairs is not catastrophic and can be corrected by a beautiful and reliable styling.
There are incredibly many options for light and at the same time beautiful hairstyles for short hair that even an inexperienced person can do. Styling in this case takes less time and is easier than in the case of long curls. At the same time, its showiness is sometimes not inferior at all.
Short haircuts are gaining popularity, as they have a number of significant advantages:
- Requires less time and less maintenance.
- They keep their shape and volume better.
- Do not get confused.
- Easier to lend themselves to various types of styling.
- The ends split less often because get enough nutrients during the grooming process.
- There are many options for a variety of light hairstyles for short hair.
Short curls are easy to keep in check. Hairstyles and styling take a few minutes and can be done at home on your own. It is only important to use high-quality and convenient tools, as well as connect the imagination or use ready-made ideas.
If we talk about the shortcomings, then difficulties can arise with fixation. Sometimes strands that are too short simply fall out of the total mass. And in this case, it is necessary either to grow curls, or to use reliable means of fixation.
What do you need to create women's short hair styles?
A short haircut can be used to style your hair for any celebration, event or casual day. Skillful hands also have options for an office or a business meeting, a romantic date or playing sports. But in order to create a unique and effective image that meets the latest fashion trends in a matter of minutes, you need to pay attention to styling products.
What you may need to do a short hairstyle at home:
- Styling cream with care for curls, allowing you to make a movable fixation;
- Thermal protection, preventing damage to the rod from high temperatures;
- Means for making the strands smooth;
- Dry shampoo;
- Modeling hair paste that allows you to securely fix individual styling elements, smooth out fluffiness;
- Products for creating the effect of wet hair, such as wax;
- Styling mousse or foam that fixes and adds puffiness;
- Fixing or decorative varnish;
- Glitter for curls to make them shinier for celebrations, photo shoots or video filming.
Of course, only a professional hairdresser can make a fashionable haircut or create a complex female hairstyle for short hair. However, as for the creation of simpler, but no less interesting hairstyles at home, various devices will help the girls.
What you need to create an interesting look:
- Hair curlers (metal or plastic, thermo, bones, spiral, etc.);
- Curling iron or corrugated tongs;
- Hair straightening or curling iron;
- Instailer is a multifunctional styling device;
- Hair dryer for drying;
- Various combs (brushing, brush, comb, massage, with wide teeth, etc.);
- Hairpins, invisible hairpins, clips, ribbons, hairpins, various elastic bands, hoops, veils, crab and other devices for fixing curls;
- Artificial strands of different lengths and colors, braids, threads;
- A variety of jewelry that can turn everyday hairstyle for short hair into a festive one.
The best hairstyle ideas for short hair
When deciding what hairstyle to do for short hair, one should be guided not only by their length, but also by the type of curls. For example, thin and sparse strands need additional volume, while thick and naughty ones need additional fixation and the use of more reliable styling products. Further, the best hairstyle ideas for short hair for every day and solemn options for festive events.
Casual hairstyles for short hair
In the photo hairstyle Kolosok-malvinka for short hair
Fashionable casual hairstyles come in a wide variety of styles and techniques, and include different shapes and elements. This gives a flight of imagination and allows you to make a unique and very beautiful image.
Options for everyday styling, weaves and hairstyles for short hair for girls:
- Silky straight strands with a braid … Many girls like to walk with their hair down, but at the same time they very often strive to decorate their image with some fashionable elements. And if you are tired of all the hairpins and headbands, then you can make a romantic and at the same time laconic side braid. To make such a hairstyle for short, thin hair, in width from the middle of the forehead to the temple towards the crown, you need to separate some of the curls by 7-10 centimeters, and straighten the rest of the hair with an iron using thermal protection and fixing agents. Next, we begin to weave a regular braid, while grabbing it from the separated curl along the upper part of the strand, and taking it from the braid itself along the lower part. When all the hair is involved, we continue to weave to the ends, tie it with a thin elastic band to match the hair. The braid turns out to be oblique and looks very romantic.
- Spikelet malvinka … This hairstyle is not suitable for very short hair. It will look best at shoulder length or slightly longer. At the same time, it turns out beautifully if the curls at the root zone are darker than along the entire length. This adds even more dimension. First, we comb the hair back and select a small strand 5-7 cm wide from the forehead to the crown, stab it with a crab. Spray the rest of the hair with a fixing agent and make romantic curls with a curling iron. Now we make a bouffant of the separated strand and begin to weave the braid upside down as close to the forehead as possible. Reaching the crown, gently loosen each curl to add volume. We braid the remaining tip into a light bun and fix it. We spray again with varnish.
- Romantic headband of two braids … Suitable for cutting a square to the shoulders. Before you do a hairstyle for short hair, you need to twist it to make it slightly curvy. Then, on one of the sides, where most of the strands go from the parting, we separate a wide strip, starting from the crown and moving to the back of the ear. We take the rest of the curls back with our hands and twist them under the bottom to make a flagellum over the neck. We fix it with invisible ones or hairpins. We weave two parallel American braids from the left strand. They need to be airy to get good volume. We organically weave the ends into the flagellum and also stab it. Such a hairstyle for short hair with your own hands turns out to be slightly careless, but very romantic. She opens a beautiful and sophisticated female neck. Suitable for walking on a hot day or relaxing on the beach - curls do not interfere with sunbathing and will not spoil the resulting tan.
- Lightweight flagella for short hair … This option is simpler than the previous one. The technique is called plait braiding. Hair can also be straight or wavy, and styling will look good even with bangs. Sufficient length - short square. First, we treat the curls with styling cream, curl or, conversely, level the strands, comb a little to give volume. Then, in areas just above the corners of the forehead, stepping back from the edge of 3-4 centimeters, we separate one strand on each side, stretch it to the back of the head and there we tie it into a loose tail. This will be the wireframe. Now we begin to weave on each side. The first strand forms the overall look of the hairstyle, it must be taken from the front to overlap the frame. She should be the most magnificent. We stretch it through the frame from top to bottom. Then we separate several strands one by one and also stretch, gradually creating a beautiful plexus. Repeat in mirror image on the other side. To add volume, stretch the curls a little and fix with varnish.
- Braids from bottom to top and two bundles … Many trendy hairstyles for short hair are done with different braids. And this option is no exception. It fits even the shortest square. It is important that the back of the shortest hairs are no shorter than 3 cm, then the styling will look complete and neat. First, we treat all hair with a fixing agent. We divide the entire head of hair into 4 parts: first we make a parting in the middle from the forehead to the neck, then also a transverse parting from the top of one ear through the crown to the top of the second ear. We pin the front strands. From the rest we weave two French braids, starting from the neck and moving to the crown. Upon completion, we connect it into a single tail with the front curls, tie it tightly with elastic bands and make sloppy bunches from the ends.
- Hairstyle cascade for short hair … By itself, a haircut using this technology is already beautiful. Cropped strands usually give volume to the hair and look beautiful and well-groomed. Most often, it is enough to curl the curls inward or outward, lay them in a chaotic manner and fix them with varnish. But at the same time, you can also add variety to your everyday look by weaving French or American braids, creating one or two volumetric beams.
Holiday hairstyles for short hair
In the photo hairstyle Bun for short hair with bangs
When it comes to creating a festive look, many girls regret very much that they have a short haircut. However, this is completely in vain. Even at home, if you wish, you can do something incredibly beautiful and spectacular. This will require conventional styling products and tools.
A festive hairstyle should be voluminous and shiny. An important role is played by various decorations, which add chic and sophistication.
Several options for festive hairstyles for short hair in stages:
- Sophisticated bun with shoulder-length braids … Even an ordinary bun, located at the back a little higher than the neck, can be played in such a way as to turn it into a festive hairstyle and even make it for a wedding ceremony. To do this, we first make light waves with a curling iron or curler. Further, starting from the forehead and moving to the back of the lower line of the scalp, we separate the strips along the extreme hairline from both sides in order to weave French braids from them. We collect the remaining curls in a bun. Then we braid not tight twisted braids on both sides and weave their ends together and wrap them beautifully around the bundle, fix them with invisible ones. Loosen each turn of the braid a little to create more volume. The hairstyle should turn out to be airy, this gives a special charm and lightness to the whole image. Depending on the theme, you can add hairpins corresponding in color and format. For example, to make such a hairstyle for short hair for a wedding, you can add hairpins with white pearls or flowers.
- Bulky flagella with a bundle … First, we separate the temporal zones. We divide the remaining curls with a horizontal parting into two approximately equal parts, we stab the upper one. We work with the bottom: we divide it into three vertical sections, stab the middle one, and pull the side ones from the bottom to the center and tie them with an elastic band in a tight tail. Before making a bun for a hairstyle for short hair, pull out the middle part and tie it with an elastic band almost at the ends. We put a roller about 10 cm wide under it, pull the tip from below and fix it with invisible pins or hairpins. The curls must securely close the roller so that it cannot be seen. Now create a texture by pulling out individual beams a little. We fix it with varnish. We release the remaining hair, separate a strand from one temple and make a tourniquet from the face to the top of the head, gradually add strands and pull them out a little to make them more voluminous. The direction of weaving is from the temple to the ear on the opposite side of the head along the growth contour. Then we continue to weave curls from the middle part, moving in a circle to the middle of the back of the head above the bundle, we stab it with invisible ones. Additionally, we pull out the strands and spray with varnish. Because curls are short, we use a few more pins to fix the flagellum around the perimeter. Further, by analogy, we make a tourniquet on the other side of the head. We hide the tips under the flagella. This hairstyle for short hair for women looks incredibly beautiful and stylish, but you can always add a festive mood using a variety of jewelry for the strands.
- Braids from bundles … A very simple technique that will allow you to make a voluminous hairstyle for short curly or straight hair. First, if necessary, curl all the curls. Then, along the width from temple to temple in the direction from the forehead to the back of the head, we separate the wide part of the hair, while the back line should be rounded. Separate the middle part in the form of an elongated oval and leave it intact. We divide the side parts into two stripes, making a curved zigzag parting. In this case, the dividing lines and side contours should converge to the midpoint on the back of the head, where all the ends of the elements will then connect. We begin to braid the plaits one by one, turning inward to the midline, gradually adding strands from the corner of the zigzag. When all four volumetric elements are ready, we comb the middle part, lay it in order to cover the irregularities, and connect it with all the ends using a thin elastic band to match the hair. A wedding hairstyle for short hair can be decorated with sequins, hairpins with flowers or pearls.
- Festive styling with elastic braids … A simple hairstyle for short hair can be done with a set of thin silicone rubber bands. For example, the following option is suitable for a prom or a sophisticated party. The hair is straight, up to the shoulders. We make a parting in the form of a rim. For example, start at the left corner of your forehead, moving in a curved line to the corner of your neck on the opposite side of your head. Separate the front strand at an angle, stretch it a little and tie it at a distance of 5 cm from the base. Now we wrap a thin curl over the elastic to hide it, and fix the tip in one turn of the same elastic. Loosen up a few strands for volume. Separate the next wide strand so that the first goes in the middle and is under the second. We tie and add volume. In the same way, we make 2-3 more strands, reaching the neck. Now we begin to move in a circle. Having reached the left corner of the neck, we fix and begin to braid the rest of the strands using the same technology, starting from the top. When all the curls are woven, we tie it tightly with elastic bands, twist it to hide the ends, pin it with invisible ones and spray it with varnish. Add a beautiful hairpin with rhinestones and beads on one side.
- Hairstyle for short hair with bangs … In fact, bangs are already a great decoration for any hairstyle. It can be straight, solid, oblique, elongated or short. There are a lot of options. Moreover, even with such a haircut element, you can make a lot of hairstyles. The simplest, but at the same time quite elegant, is the bundle, gathered at the crown or at the back of the head. If the hair is rather short and cannot be gathered into one ponytail, then three or five separate bundles can be easily made, located along a horizontal line just above the neck. This styling looks playful and very attractive.
How to do a hairstyle for short hair - watch the video: