Composition and calorie content, what is a useful snack, contraindications and potential harm. How to pickle butter and what dishes can you add them to?
Pickled boletus is a traditional appetizer for the Russian table, which is pre-cooked and then poured with spicy marinade and rolled up in jars of mushrooms. The flavor of the appetizer is determined mainly by the ingredients used to create the marinade. Traditionally, when preparing pickled butter, salt, sugar, vinegar, bay leaves and peppercorns are taken. Various other spices can be added to these classic ingredients - cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, etc., as well as vegetables - garlic, onions, carrots, etc. Every housewife has her own signature recipe for delicious pickled butter. It is noteworthy, however, that this appetizer is not only tasty, but also very healthy.
Composition and calorie content of pickled butter
In the photo pickled boletus
Mushrooms are a low-calorie product, and those who follow a particular diet will surely appreciate it. A delicious appetizer can be added to it without problems and thus diversified.
The calorie content of pickled butter is 18 kcal per 100 g, of which:
- Proteins - 3 g;
- Fat - 0.5 g;
- Carbohydrates - 1, 4 g.
The product is rich in dietary fiber, and also has a good vitamin and mineral composition. Oil contains B vitamins and various minerals, especially zinc and copper.
Vitamins per 100 g:
- Beta carotene - 0.0343 mg;
- Vitamin B1, thiamine - 0.03 mg
- Vitamin B2, riboflavin - 0.27 mg;
- Vitamin B6, pyridoxine - 0.3 mcg;
- Vitamin B9, folate - 30 mcg;
- Vitamin C, ascorbic acid - 12 mg;
- Vitamin E, alpha-tocopherol - 0, 0002 mg.
Macronutrients per 100 g:
- Potassium - 60 mg;
- Calcium - 0.76 mg;
- Silicon - 2.1 mg;
- Magnesium - 5.49 mg;
- Sodium - 2.25 mg;
- Phosphorus - 23.3 mg;
- Chlorine - 1, 1 mg.
Microelements per 100 g:
- Aluminum - 368, 1 mcg;
- Boron - 1.5 mcg;
- Vanadium - 0.5 mcg;
- Iron - 1.3 mg;
- Iodine - 5 mcg;
- Lithium - 5.4 mcg;
- Manganese - 0.0445 mg;
- Copper - 1456 mcg;
- Molybdenum - 0.77 mcg;
- Nickel - 6.4 mcg;
- Rubidium - 225.8 mcg;
- Selenium - 5.6 mcg;
- Chromium - 5.3 mcg;
- Zinc - 14 mg
Despite the fact that some of the useful components are lost during cooking, quite a few vitamins and minerals remain in the pickled butter. In 100 g of fresh mushrooms, more than 120 and 150% of the daily dose of zinc and copper, respectively. During cooking and pickling, about 25-60% will be lost, but even with the highest losses, the product will remain a good source of these minerals.
In addition, it is important to note that the product contains valuable polysaccharides, and the amino acid composition of butter protein is very close to a complete animal protein.
The benefits of pickled butter
Delicious mushrooms have an all-round positive effect on the functioning of the body. The benefits of pickled butter oil are due to the high concentration of nutrients. The snack is a valuable source of protein, vitamins, minerals and other beneficial components.
Useful properties of pickled butter:
- Strengthening immunity … Zinc is an essential mineral for strengthening the body's immune forces, and therefore closing pickled butter for the winter is a great idea. By opening the jar during the cold season, you will ensure yourself a good level of prevention of ARVI and influenza. In addition, scientists have found that in addition to zinc, mushrooms contain other immunostimulating and antibiotic compounds, which means that the snack can not only protect against disease, but also suppress it in the bud.
- Improving skin condition … In addition, zinc is a mineral that contributes to the health of the epidermis. Especially well it normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands, helps to fight the increased oily skin, the appearance of acne. Copper is also important for the epidermis, it promotes the production of collagen, which means it ensures youthfulness of the skin.
- Prevention of anemia … Copper is also the most important cofactor for normal hematopoiesis, and therefore, with the normal intake of this mineral into the body, the prevention of anemia is ensured.
- Normalization of the nervous system … In addition, it is worth noting that copper is part of the sheath of nerve fibers, which ensures the normal functioning of the nervous system. It is believed that mushrooms improve mood, relieve depression and insomnia.
- Improving overall tone … Since a jar of pickled butter contains a complete protein with a full complex of amino acids, this makes it possible to saturate the body well and restore strength. In addition, lecithin is found in mushrooms - an important component for the normal functioning of the brain. Thus, the snack increases both physical and mental tone.
- Normalization of the digestive system … Mushrooms contain fiber, which helps in the proper functioning of the intestines - as a result, useful components are better absorbed, and harmful ones are excreted faster. In addition, the product is a source of B vitamins, which also have a positive effect on metabolism.
- Gout relief … The mushroom cap contains special resinous compounds that can process uric acid in the body, an excess of which is dangerous for gout. Heat treatment and pickling with these compounds is not a hindrance.
Scientists are sure that oil can is a very useful mushroom, and therefore it often appears in various studies. Already today, a certain correlation has been established between the consumption of oil and the normalization of hormonal levels, an increase in the level of hemoglobin, an improvement in the functioning of the thyroid gland, the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, the musculoskeletal system and the liver.
Contraindications and harm of pickled butter
However, having learned about the numerous useful properties of the snack, before pickling the butter in jars, you need to familiarize yourself with the contraindications of the product. Unfortunately, not everyone can eat the mushroom.
Pickled butter can be harmful to people with diseases of the digestive system. First of all, here we are talking about a special substance chitin, which is found in mushrooms. For a healthy person, this component is useful and even contributes to better bowel function, but it can negatively affect those who have disturbances in its work. In addition, it must be remembered that the marinade for pickled butter is prepared with vinegar and spices that are not appropriate in the diet of people with stomach diseases. Thus, in the presence of certain diseases of the digestive system, it is better not to eat a snack.
It is worth saying that, in general, if you have some kind of disease that involves a therapeutic diet, you must first consult with your doctor and clarify whether you can eat the product.
We also note that it is important even for a healthy person to know when to stop; there is no need to abuse the snack in order to avoid gastrointestinal disorders.
Contraindications to the use of pickled mushrooms are also attributed to individual intolerance / allergies and children under 7 years of age. In addition, they should be eaten with great care during pregnancy and during lactation.
Note! The place of mushroom picking is of great importance, so it is best to independently collect and prepare pickled butter at home. When buying a store product, you cannot be sure that the mushrooms are collected in an environmentally friendly area and prepared using only natural ingredients.
How to pickle butter?
There are many ways to pickle butter. Classic and original, with vinegar or citric acid, with or without sugar - choose the one that is closest to you. The main thing is to properly prepare the mushrooms. The preparation includes several stages. First, they are thoroughly washed, then placed in a weak acetic-salt solution for 15-20 minutes, after which they are again washed several times with running water.
Before directly marinating the boletus, the mushrooms are also necessarily boiled; during the cooking process, the foam is carefully removed. After boiling, they are washed again, and then thrown into a colander, they should drain well. In the meantime, you can sterilize the jars. Only after completing all the above manipulations can you proceed directly to marinating.
Several recipes for pickled butter mushrooms:
- Classic marinade … Bring water (1 L) to a boil, put salt (50 g), sugar (80 g) in it, add allspice peas (10 pieces), cloves (1 piece), and also put chopped garlic (2 cloves), laurel leaves (2 pieces). Boil the marinade for 5 minutes. Arrange the mushrooms in jars, pour in the marinade, add vinegar essence (1 tsp each) to each 1.5-liter jar.
- Recipe for pickled butter for the winter with vegetable oil … Boil mushrooms (1, 5 kg), arrange in sterile jars. Prepare the marinade: boil water (2 cups), add apple cider vinegar (3 tablespoons), salt (30 g), sugar (20 g), lavrushka (12 pieces), garlic (5 whole cloves) to it, pour in refined vegetable oil (70 ml). Boil the marinade for 5 minutes, pour it into the jars.
- Marinade with citric acid and cinnamon … Bring water (1 l) to a boil, put salt (30 g), sugar (40 g), lavrushka (4 pieces), cloves (3 buds), peppercorns (5 pieces), cinnamon (pinch) in it. Also put the boiled mushrooms in the marinade and cook everything together for another 15 minutes, and then turn off the heat and add citric acid (1 tsp). Arrange the mushrooms in jars, cover with spicy marinade.
- Butter vegetables marinated with vegetables … And here is an interesting recipe for pickling butter in the same jar with vegetables. Boil mushrooms (1 kg), then fry in a pan until golden brown. Cut zucchini (1 piece), onion (3 pieces), tomatoes (3 pieces), carrots (3 pieces) into cubes, fry in a separate pan. Combine the two roasts together and season with salt to taste. Prepare the marinade: in boiling water (2 l) put salt (20 g), sugar or honey (2 tsp), peppercorns and lavrushka (3-4 pieces each), cloves (2 pieces), a mixture of herbs taste. Boil the marinade for 20 minutes, add the vinegar essence (1/2 tsp), cook for a couple more minutes. Arrange the mushrooms with vegetables in jars, cover with marinade.
In general, as you can see, there are really a lot of recipes on how to pickle butter for the winter, and they are all quite simple and for everyone's strength. Therefore, be sure to harvest the mushrooms yourself, this is better than trusting a store product.
Recipes with pickled butter
Butterdish is a very tasty mushroom, and therefore, even simply put on the table as a snack, it will certainly delight households and guests. However, you can use pickled mushrooms for the preparation of more complex dishes - hot and various salads.
Pickled butter recipes:
- Pork and Prune Salad … Cut the pork (300 g) into thin strips, chop the garlic (2 cloves). Heat ghee (30 g) in a frying pan, add garlic first, then meat. When the meat is fried on all sides, add sour cream (100 g), simmer for 10 minutes, salt to taste at the end. Grate cheese (100 g), cut prunes (60 g) into strips. Rinse the pickled oil (150 g). Combine all the ingredients, season with sour cream, serve with herbs.
- Olivier with pickled butter … Boil potatoes (2 pieces), eggs (3 pieces), carrots (1 piece), chicken breast (300 g), then suck and cut into cubes. Chop onions (1 piece) finely, scald with boiling water. Mix all the ingredients, add pickled mushrooms (200 g), green peas (150 g), season with mayonnaise or sour cream to taste.
- Pizza with pickled peppers and mushrooms … Dissolve fresh yeast (50 g) in warm water (500 ml), add an egg (1 piece), salt (1 tsp), mix and add flour (2 cups) - the dough should have the consistency of thick sour cream. Put it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Dice half-smoked sausage (300 g), pickled peppers (50 g), butter (50 g), chop the onion (1 piece), grate the cheese (150 g). Cut the salami (100 g) into slices. Also prepare Korean-style carrots (50 g). Cover the baking sheet with parchment, grease with oil, lay out the dough, let it flow. Bake for 7 minutes. Take out the dough, lay out the filling - first your favorite tomato sauce (100 g), then in the desired order all the ingredients, but on top should be salami circles and cheese. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- Chicken casserole … Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the mushrooms (300 g), fry a little, add finely chopped onions (1 piece), cream (4 tablespoons), spices to taste, simmer until the onions are soft. Cut chicken breast (2 pieces) into strips, marinate in lemon juice (15 ml), your favorite spices for half an hour. Place half of the meat on the bottom of the dish, sprinkle with grated cheese (75 g) on top, then add mushrooms and onions, grated carrots (2 pieces) and the remaining meat. Bake for 15-20 minutes, then remove, drain the resulting juice and sprinkle with more cheese (75 g). Place in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- Stuffed potatoes … Bake potatoes (6 pieces) in foil in the oven. Combine finely chopped gherkins (100 g), butter oil (100 g), olives (50 g) with canned tuna (300 g) and mayonnaise (100 g). Cut the potatoes into halves, remove some of the pulp, stir in the prepared filling, and then spread it over the potato halves. Decorate with herbs.
Interesting facts about pickled butter
A large amount of chitin is in the legs of butter, and therefore if you want to make a snack easier to digest, use only the caps when marinating, and the legs can be prepared separately, for example, add a small amount to the soup.
Be sure to boil the mushrooms before pickling, do not use recipes that simply involve pouring hot brine on fresh mushrooms.
Pickled boletus can be eaten 10 days after the jars have been closed.
It is worth noting that the shelf life of canned mushrooms is shorter than that of vegetables. It is advisable to eat them in the next 3-6 months after closing, at least after 12 months. If the jar is over a year old, it's best to be careful not to try the snack.
Watch a video about pickled butter:
Pickled boletus is a very tasty and very healthy snack, and therefore everyone should learn how to prepare it for the winter. The product will diversify your table and help maintain a healthy diet. However, before marinating mushrooms, be sure to check the contraindications for appetizers.