What is the difference between casturi and other mango varieties. Useful properties and harm when used. How to eat Kalimantan mango, recipes and interesting facts. Also in the pulp of the fruit zinc, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, manganese, selenium and copper.
Kalimantan mango is not only delicious, but also very beneficial for the body. That's just to develop a diet based on these fruits is irrational. The tree bears fruit every 3-8 years.
Useful properties of casturi
Kalimantan mango helps to deal with many organic problems.
Benefits of Casturi:
- Isolates free radicals circulating in the bloodstream.
- Increases the body's resistance, helps to resist exogenous factors - toxic substances in the air and the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation.
- Improves the quality of the skin, accelerates regeneration, the production of collagen fibers.
- Reduces blood pressure, stabilizes heart rate.
- Prevents malignancy of diverticulums and other neoplasms in the intestine, reduces the likelihood of tumor formation.
- Increases appetite, but at the same time prevents weight gain, as it speeds up metabolic processes and stimulates lipid breakdown.
- Due to the high amount of carbohydrates in the composition, it provides the body with energy, eliminates muscle weakness.
- Accelerates peristalsis, eliminates constipation, helps the intestines to gently get rid of toxins and toxins, prevents flatulence.
- Improves visual function, restores twilight vision.
- Stimulates the dissolution of "bad" cholesterol, already deposited on the walls of blood vessels, and prevents the formation of new plaques.
Casturi is especially useful for women. The use of Kalimantan mango normalizes the functioning of the reproductive organs, reduces the amount of menstrual flow, stabilizes metabolic processes, and allows you to keep weight at the same level. And the introduction of the pulp of the fruit into masks as an ingredient helps to restore the quality of the skin, make it smooth, velvety, eliminate microdamage and prevent the development of acne. Due to the large amount of volatile elements - monoterpenes and terpenes - beneficial substances are absorbed into the deep layers of the skin.
Harm and contraindications to the use of casturi
There will be no harm from consuming casturi if some recommendations are taken into account when introducing into the diet. Juicy orange pulp is not compatible with alcohol and dairy drinks, including fermented milk. The interval between meals should be at least 40 minutes.
Contraindications to Kalimantan mango: peptic ulcer and erosive lesions of the mucous membrane of the digestive tract and digestive organs, stomatitis, hypotonic crisis, a tendency to diarrhea.
It should be borne in mind that in terms of the number of developing allergies, casturi is not inferior to citrus fruits - tangerines and oranges, there is so much carotene and ascorbic acid in it.
It is very important to monitor the ripeness of the fruit. Unripe casturi can provoke the development of intestinal colic, acute diarrhea, flatulence, bronchospasm.
If pregnant or small children have already tried mangoes and no allergic reactions have occurred, casteuri can be safely introduced into the diet, but in small portions.
There are special recommendations for eating mangoes. It is suggested to eat no more than 300 g of pulp per day. This means that 3 casseroles is the maximum daily portion.
How do you eat casseroles?
At home, Kalimantan mango can be eaten as convenient. But it must be borne in mind, since very ripe fruits are chosen, that the juice will flow down the chin.
How they eat casseroles so as not to get dirty. The washed fruit is spread on a saucer, cut, scooped up the appetizing pulp with a dessert spoon.
If the skin is elastic, then you can use the "hedgehog" slicing - in this form, dessert mangoes are served in restaurants. Cut the fruit in half, take out the bone, dissect the flesh with two transverse and two longitudinal cuts. Then turn the half inside out. True, for casseroles, such cutting is not very convenient - the fruit is too small in size.
There are many ways to cook Kalimantan mango. It is introduced into desserts, salads, jams and preserves.
- Souffle … Raw eggs are used in the dish, so the product should only be purchased from a trusted manufacturer. Beat the white of three eggs with a third cup of sugar, set aside. Then also whip half a glass of heavy cream. Put 3 peeled casseroles, a tablespoon of honey, whites and whipped cream in a blender, interrupt until completely homogeneous and put in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with grated chocolate before serving.
- Spicy salad … You need to take two not very soft casseroles, remove the skin and cut into cubes. Combine 4 garlic cloves with a slice of lime and a third chili pod, grind in a mortar or blender. Cut the red onion into half rings, sprinkle with a tablespoon of granulated sugar, crush with your hands. You need to wait a little for the juice to appear from the onion. Mix the ingredients in a salad bowl, let stand. Blanch the tomatoes, remove the skin, cut the pulp into cubes, spread with the rest of the ingredients. Season with oyster sauce and fresh herbs - to your taste, sprinkle with crushed roasted cashews or peanuts.
- Chicken salad … Cut 500 g of chicken fillet into portions, fry in any vegetable oil until golden brown and stew until completely soft, adding a little salt and curry for taste. Fry 2 tablespoons of almonds in a dry frying pan. Cut 200 g celery stalks into thin slices. Salad, 200 g, torn by hand, mixed with the rest of the ingredients. For dressing, beat 3 tablespoons of unsweetened yogurt with juice of a whole lime and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Shrimp with casseroles … Dried raw peeled shrimp are planted on wooden sticks, generously sprinkled with black pepper and salted. Cut 3 casseroles into large pieces, remove the seeds, fry in a pan with a lot of olive oil until a crust forms on one side. It is enough for the crust to appear on one side of the mango slice. Put the fried slices on a plate, and fry the shrimps in a frying pan, turning over the sticks. You don't need to wash the pan. Put ready-made shrimp on a plate, pour over with olive oil, sprinkle with sliced green onions and pour over with lime juice.
- Casturi ice cream … The pulp of 6 casseroles is ground into mashed potatoes, divided into 2 equal parts. One is mixed with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of sugar. Beat 2 egg whites with a tablespoon of sugar in a froth, mix with pure mango puree, and then alternate spoons, transfer to a bowl. Leave in the freezer to freeze the ice cream. Served with grated chocolate.
- Casturi pate … Start cooking with dressing. Mix liquid honey, olive oil, mustard, add salt and pepper. Ratio of ingredients in tablespoons: 2: 4: 1. Goose liver, 400 g, marinated in soy sauce (3 tablespoons) and olive oil (2 tablespoons) for an hour. Cashew nuts, 100 g, calcined in a dry frying pan, cut into the lettuce. The marinated liver is fried until cooked, and then chopped and mixed with all the ingredients and seasoned. Eat warm.
Jam or jams can be made from castore, but the locals do not consider this use appropriate. Too little fruit is harvested - it is better to enjoy them fresh.
Interesting facts about casturi
Currently, kasturi is grown only on plantations in Indonesia, South Kalimantan and around Banjarmasin. As a crop for sale, Kalimantan mango is not popular, since fruiting is rare. In addition, varieties with a minimum fruit weight of 150 g, and casteuri barely reach 80 g, fall into retail chains.
But the Banjars are very fond of the exclusive variety and even composed a song about it, in which mango is compared to a rainbow and love. Local farmers fully satisfy the demand for this type of product, and if they sell castes in the market, then the price for them is 3-4 times higher than that of other types of premium mangoes.
Kasturi is planted on rice plantations, they take root better there. In 1980, there were attempts by the people of Deza Mataraman to plant a nursery plantation of Kalimantan mango, but the efforts were unsuccessful.
In the wild nature of the island of Cuba, there were also trees that belong to the casturi variety. They were called that - Cuban casturi. Interestingly, the skin of fresh fruits is not purple-black, but pink, with black spots.
Harvesting the fruit is not easy. Since the trees grow in a semi-wild state, they reach a decent height. Harvest pickers are like circus equilibrists. They go out to the plantations with bamboo poles in their hands, 6 m long, and equipped with soft wire baskets, similar to basketball, only without a hole. Once in the baskets, the fruits do not break. Nowadays, baskets are being replaced with halves of plastic bottles. The fruits are removed from the lower branches in the usual way - from the stairs.
People are to blame for the fact that the kasturi tree has practically disappeared in the wild. The rainforests are being ruthlessly destroyed along with the fauna. The seeds of the Kalimantan mango were spread by sloths, but they left the area. Birds, in spite of their small size, cannot swallow the fruits whole. In addition, due to the destruction of tropical parrots, which were exported without restrictions and were killed by the local population for the sake of colorful feathers for making souvenirs, the number of tephrite flies has increased. These insects are the main pests of many types of tropical fruits.
Watch a video about casturi:
I would like to wish success to the breeders who do not abandon their attempts to grow castore plantations. If they succeed, European people will be able to enjoy the taste of the juiciest and most aromatic type of mango.