Delicate chicken meat in a company with onions and garlic is cooked very quickly, and plum sauce and cinnamon create a special taste and aroma of the dish. A simple step-by-step recipe with a photo of the preparation of this dish is in front of you. Video recipe.
I suggest experimenting a little and cooking chicken in a spicy unusual sauce. Delicate chicken meat of a dark golden color with unforgettable subtle and spicy notes of cinnamon. An interesting and original taste, the dish acquires due to the sweet and sour shade of plum sauce. For its preparation, I recommend taking fresh sweet and sour plums, which are twisted in a meat grinder. If these fruits are not available, canned plum sauce or natural puree will do. The latter will need to be adjusted by making it sour, spicy or sweeter by adding more garlic or sugar.
It is worth noting separately the speed of preparation and the unusual divine taste of the finished dish. The chicken is quickly fried in a pan, poured with sauce and stewed under the lid without your participation. Meat in cinnamon, garlic and plum sauce … mmm … during cooking, delicious smells spread throughout the house, which is simply impossible to resist the meal. Take any parts of the bird for the recipe that you like best. You can use the whole carcass, or separate parts of it.
See also how to cook potted chicken and vegetables.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 275 kcal.
- Servings - 3
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Chicken or any of its parts - 600 g
- Salt - 1 tsp without slide
- Garlic - 1-2 cloves
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp without slide
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Plum sauce - 200 ml
Step by step cooking chicken in plum sauce with cinnamon, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the chicken, remove the feathers if left over and chop into medium sized pieces. Select the parts you want to use for the recipe and set the rest aside for another dish.
Pour vegetable oil into the pan and heat it well. Send the chicken to the skillet to keep it in one row. Then the meat is fried until golden brown, which will seal all the edges. If it is piled up in a pile, it will immediately begin to stew, lose some of the juice and turn out to be less juicy.
2. Peel the onions, wash, chop in half rings and send them to the pan to the bird. Stir the food, reduce heat to medium-high and continue browning until golden brown.
3. Season the poultry with salt, ground black pepper and cinnamon.
4. Next, pour the plum sauce into the pan and pass the garlic cloves through a press.
5. Stir food and bring to a boil. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the poultry over low heat for 1 hour. Plum sauce will soften the meat fibers and make them very tender and tender. Serve the cooked chicken in plum and cinnamon sauce with any side dish. Serve it with mashed potatoes, pasta, rice, cereals, etc., pouring the sauce in which the poultry was stewing on the side dish.
See also the video recipe on how to cook stewed chicken in red wine with cinnamon.