How to choose the right electric kettle. What should you pay attention to when buying and what parameters of an electric kettle are important. Which type of kettle is the best: glass, plastic or metal. The tradition of drinking tea is dense, but gradually entered our life since the time of Peter the Great and came to us from the West. To this day, no one breaks this beautiful tradition of gathering at the table for a cup of fragrant tea. But often the aroma and taste of tea depends on the right choice of teapot. How to choose the right electric kettle among the huge variety?
The very first electric kettle was invented by the Americans at the end of the 19th century, and such a unit heated water for about half an hour. Today it will seem to any modern person an unbearable torture, since modern models spend 3 minutes on their work, no more. With all this, the performance of the electrical appliance, with rare exceptions, depends on the price. You can overpay the excess only for the provision of additional functions (built-in filter, backlight, bell or thermostat). Indeed, in order for the water to boil, two necessary elements will be enough: a housing and a heater. But here it will be important to consider what material they are made of.
Let's take it apart what are the electric kettles … And they are of three types: made of glass, plastic and metal.
Which one is better, you ask? Let's see.
- Electric kettles made of glass absolutely do not spoil the taste of tea, since they absolutely do not affect the taste of water. Today translucency and glass are in vogue. They are very graceful, but such teapots are distinguished by their fragility.
- Plastic teapots cheaper than their counterparts, less heavy, retain heat for a long time, but water after the boiling process in such a kettle may have an unpleasant aftertaste.
- The demand of buyers for electric kettles manufactured by stainless steel … That is why some manufacturers began to produce such models as well. This interest is caused, not least of all, by fashion trends in the modern house: the demand for "metal". They also do not spoil the taste of tea and are characterized by their durability and strength.
Water boiled in a metal kettle has no taste, since a metal kettle does not affect the taste of water. The case is more durable than others. Minus - there is a possibility of getting burned on the metal walls of such an electric kettle.
It is believed that water cools most quickly in metal teapots. In second place are plastic electric kettles. Glass teapots keep boiling water for the longest time.
In order not to make mistakes when buying, we advise you to open the lid and smell the inside of the kettle. The electric kettle should not have a strong smell of chemicals. We recommend buying kettles only in specialized stores and with a certificate. Once you have purchased a kettle and brought it home, the first step is to boil water in it. And more than once is better. This is especially important for plastic electric kettles.
Key points to look out for when buying an electric kettle
If, when choosing an electric kettle, an important factor for you is how quickly the water in it will heat up, then you need to know that it depends on the heater.
Built-in heating element
all types of electric kettles are of two types: spiral and disc.
makes more noise, but heats the water faster. It can be cleaned very easily. Spiral heater makes less noise, but heats the water more slowly.
- Electric kettles are available in different sizes. For example, from 0.8 liters to 2 liters. Most often you can find electric kettles designed for 1, 5 - 1, 7 liters of water. We recommend that you draw your attention to the fact that the larger the volume of the kettle, the more electricity will be required in order for the water to boil in it, that is, the power must also be greater.
- There is another factor that certainly deserves your attention - this is the minimum volume of water that can be heated in an electric kettle. Do not forget that the water must completely cover the heating element. That is why for electric kettles with an open spiral, the minimum volume of water will be greater than for electric kettles with a closed spiral. With an open spiral, this indicator is 0.3-0.5 liters. For electric kettles with a closed spiral, this figure is reduced to 200 ml of water.
- An equally important element of an electric kettle is its lid. And it is desirable that the lid is large enough, then it will not be difficult for you to wash the electric kettle. Do not forget to pay attention that the lid of the kettle opens easily and conveniently enough.
- It is important that the spout of your kettle is not completely miniature and protrudes at least a little above the body. Otherwise, it will be difficult for you to pour water out of it.
We hope that with our information we helped you to pay attention to the main properties of electric kettles and in the future you will now be able to make your right choice without the help of consultants.
Now that you know what you need to pay special attention to, you can choose the right kettle yourself, without the help of consultants and sellers.