Looking for a recipe for a sweet, satisfying and mouth-watering dessert? At the same time, so that it is useful and dietary? I offer step-by-step recommendations for making the Potato cake in the new version of pumpkin and oatmeal.
Photo of finished baked goods sprinkled with coconut Recipe content:
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
The Potato cake is a long-forgotten favorite treat from childhood. In the classic version, it is made from cookies, biscuits, waffles or crackers with the addition of milk or condensed milk. But today I propose to slightly modify the recipe and make the same delicious dessert, but from more useful and affordable products - oatmeal and pumpkin. This delicacy can be eaten by absolutely everyone, including those who monitor their figure and weight or are on a diet.
Delicious is prepared at home very easily and without the use of an oven. It is beneficial in that not many people like to use pumpkin on its own. But after all, it is so useful that it is simply impossible to leave our body without it. Also, such a product will appeal to all children who refuse to eat porridge with this vegetable. Oatmeal is also as healthy as pumpkin. She perfectly replenishes the body with many minerals and vitamins, and also saturates for a long time. With a couple of pieces of such cakes, you can have breakfast in the morning and stay full until lunchtime. In addition, children who refuse to eat semolina or other dishes in the morning will eat such a dessert with pleasure. In general, I recommend that all caring mothers, wives and housewives take this recipe into their arms and feed their household with exceptionally healthy and tasty food.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 84 kcal.
- Servings - ~ 20 pcs.
- Cooking time - 30 minutes for boiling and cooling pumpkin, 20 minutes for swelling oat kernels, 15 minutes for making cookies
- Pumpkin - 250 g
- Oat flakes - 150 g
- Any cookie - 100 g
- Walnuts - 50 g
- Orange - 1 pc.
- Coconut flakes - 50 g (for dusting)
- Cognac - 30 ml
- Butter - 50 g
- Honey - 2-3 tablespoons
Cooking the "Potato" cake from pumpkin and oatmeal
1. Peel the pumpkin from the hard peel, cut into pieces, put it in a cooking pot, cover with drinking water and cook until soft for about 15-20 minutes. If the cooking time needs to be shortened, then chop the vegetable more finely.
2. When the pumpkin is ready, drain all the liquid, and crush it with a pusher to a puree consistency. You can use a blender.
3. Place the oatmeal into the chopper.
4. Make them crumbs. If you do not have such a device, make it with a coffee grinder or leave the cereal intact, but then use it quickly.
5. Combine pumpkin pulp and oatmeal.
6. Stir the food well and leave for 15-20 minutes to swell the flakes.
7. Meanwhile, dip the biscuits into the chopper.
8. Make it into a crumb too. You can also do this with a food processor, or put it in a plastic bag and ceiling with a rolling pin.
9. Add the cookie crumbs to the pumpkin mixture and stir.
10. Put honey and stir it into the dough. If for medical reasons it cannot be consumed or you simply do not like this product, then replace it with sugar, jam or jam. Pumpkin jam is perfect here.
11. Add butter to the food and pour in the cognac.
12. Next, put the walnuts, which are pre-cut into pieces, the size of which can be very different, which one you like best.
13. Wash the orange and grate its zest. Stir the mass and send to the refrigerator to cool slightly and harden.
14. Then shape into a potato-shaped brownie, sprinkle with coconut.
15. You can also make a round candy in the form of sweets, and also breaded with coconut.
16. Keep the finished product in the refrigerator so that it seals well, and serve with a dessert table with coffee or tea.
See also a video recipe on how to whip up lean cookies from pumpkin and rolled oats.