Benefits and contraindications, calorie content and composition of the product. The best recipes for making apricot jam, interesting facts about sweet dessert and fruit.
Apricot jam is a sweet dessert made by heat treating fruits and a certain amount of sugar. The main difference between the harvest is that it retains all the beneficial qualities of the fruit even after processing. Apricot jam is thick enough and does not spread, so it can be used to make cakes, pies and other sweets. The benefits depend on the method of preparation, as well as on the personal preferences of each person. Most recipes involve the use of only fruits, sugar and water, which indicates the maximum naturalness of the finished product.
Composition and calorie content of apricot jam
In the photo, apricot jam
The composition of apricot jam is largely responsible for the rich taste and bright orange hue that is obtained during the preparation process. Among the main components are sugar, fruit pectin, apricots.
The calorie content of apricot jam per 100 g of product is 243.69 kcal, of which:
- Proteins - 0.26 g.
- Fats - 0.3 g.
- Carbohydrates - 62, 39 g.
Simple apricot jam has a number of useful properties, which is dictated by its rich composition, which includes numerous valuable components.
Vitamins per 100 g:
- Retinol - 0.025 mg;
- Beta-carotene - 0.3 mg;
- Tocopherol - 0.8 mg;
- Ascorbic acid - 2.4 mg;
- Thiamine - 0.01 mg;
Minerals per 100 g:
- Potassium - 152 mg;
- Calcium - 12 mg;
- Magnesium - 9 mg;
- Sodium - 2 mg;
- Phosphorus - 18 mg
See also the composition and calorie content of blackcurrant jam.
Useful properties of apricot jam
Delicious apricot jam does not do any harm, subject to moderate consumption and the absence of personal intolerance to individual components of the product.
Considering the rich composition of the product and the fact that useful components do not lose their properties during heat treatment, it can be used not only as a delicacy, but also as an effective way to prevent many diseases.
The benefits of apricot jam are as follows:
- Prevention of pathologies of the cardiovascular system … Magnesium and sodium strengthen the walls of blood vessels, prevent the formation of blood clots and strokes.
- Boost immunity and improve brain activity … The iodine compounds in the fruit are responsible for this. Iodine activates the functioning of the thyroid gland, reducing the incidence of its pathologies, and affects cholesterol levels.
- Strengthening teeth, hair and nails … The fruit is rich in calcium, so it is recommended to add it to the diet for children, pregnant women and the elderly. It also responds to the rate of blood clotting.
- Decreased severity of nervous excitability or hypertension … Salts and mineral components have a positive effect on metabolism and improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
- Improvement of hematopoiesis, elimination of anemia … This effect is observed due to the high iron content of apricots.
- Therapeutic effect … It occurs in the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, since pectin removes toxic substances and fights cholesterol deposition.
- Counteracting heavy metal intoxication … In the process of cancer treatment, beneficial substances from fruits restore acidity, remove excess fluid and speed up metabolism.
- Help treat colds and coughs … Vitamin C and E restores immunity, helps to reduce fever.
Apricot jam can relieve many digestive problems, improve the functioning of the heart system and help with colds. It is actively used in folk medicine and confectionery. Although there are situations when it is not recommended to consume jam.