A step-by-step recipe with a photo of stewed veal ribs in tkemali sauce at home. A healthy and nutritious dish. Video recipe.
Veal ribs are part of a cattle carcass with a lot of connective tissue and fat layers. They differ in useful composition and wonderful taste. They are eaten in different ways. They make a delicious gravy and stew. The ribs can be cooked in the oven or in a skillet. Rich and hearty soup will turn out kharcho. There are many dishes with veal ribs. In this review, I propose to make stewed veal ribs in tkemali. The ribs cooked according to the proposed recipe are tender and simply melt in your mouth thanks to the sauce. Tkemali emphasizes the taste of veal, gives it a pleasant sourness and a more pleasant aroma. The dish turns out to be juicy, aromatic and spicy.
You can cook stewed veal ribs in this version not only for the everyday table, but also for a festive feast. Serve boiled beans, spaghetti or rice as a side dish. Garnish the stewed veal ribs with olives and various herbs when serving. Although you can eat meat even without a side dish, only with a fresh vegetable salad. A glass of white wine will come in very handy with this dish. And, of course, according to this recipe, you can cook not only veal, but also pork or lamb.
See also how to cook fried veal ribs.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 265 kcal.
- Servings - 3-4
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Veal ribs - 1 kg
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Spices and herbs - any to taste
- Tkemali - 20 ml
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Step by step cooking of stewed veal ribs in tkemali sauce, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the ribs under running cold water. Cut off excess vein film and cut into bones.
2. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat well. Turn on a high heat and send the meat into it. The veal should be in a single layer in the pan, and not piled up in a pile. Otherwise, it will not fry, but immediately stew, from which it will release juice and in finished form it will turn out less juicy. Fry the meat until golden brown on all sides. It will seal the meat fibers and keep the juice in pieces.
3. Simmer until medium heat and add tkemali to the skillet. You can use any plum sauce instead of tkemali.
4. Season food with salt and black pepper. Add any spices and herbs if desired. For spicy flavors in your dishes, season the meat with a pinch of chili or Provencal herbs.
5. Stir food and bring to a boil. If there is not enough sauce, add some drinking water to the pan so that the ribs are stewed well and become soft.
6. Place the lid on the pan and simmer veal ribs in tkemali sauce under the lid for one hour. Serve them hot with the sauce in which they were stewed.
See also the video recipe on how to cook stewed veal ribs with prunes.