How to cook a goat leg deliciously in the oven at home? Features and subtleties of cooking. Step by step recipe with photo and video recipe.
Many have never tasted and independently cooked goat meat, either domestic or wild. Therefore, goat meat is not a very popular type of meat in our country, and it is not prepared in many families. However, goat meat is very tasty and dietary, and hunters in some regions often cook this animal. They claim that the goat tastes like both lamb and lamb, while it has a unique sweetish taste. I would also compare a goat with these types of meat.
Goat meat is prepared in a variety of ways, and I will share one of them with you in this review. Let's prepare a delicious baked goat leg. Although, according to my recipe, you can cook any part of the goat: shoulder blade, ribs, pulp. Preparing a leg in the oven is very simple, the main thing is to properly prepare the main ingredient. Many people know that goat meat has a specific smell, and it is this aroma that many do not like. I will talk about this below in the recipe. Considering all the tips and following the step-by-step recipe, you will get fragrant, very tender and juicy baked goat legs, which will be a great dinner or lunch for the whole family. The cooking technique is very simple and does not require much effort.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 172 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 2-2, 5 hours
- Goat leg - 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Hops-suneli - 1 tsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2 wedges
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Soy sauce - 3-4 tablespoons
Cooking goat leg in the oven step by step:
1. Prepare the marinade for the meat. To do this, pour soy sauce into a small bowl and add mustard. My mustard is pasty, but French grain will do.
2. Add black pepper, suneli hops and minced garlic. We will add salt directly to the meat on top before baking. Otherwise, during marinating, the salt will draw out the juice from the meat, which will make the dish less juicy.
3. Whisk the sauce until smooth. Taste the marinade. If it doesn't seem spicy enough, add your favorite spices and herbs to your liking. For example, rosemary sprigs, ketchup, white or red wine, lemon juice, olive oil, pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, mint, thyme, and sour jam are well suited here. For sweetness, add liquid honey. And if you cook the meat of wild goats, then add fatty sauces or lard to the marinade, because such meat contains very little fat.
In addition to the marinade, coat the leg with finely chopped kiwi for 30-50 minutes. Kiwi acid softens meat fibers well.
4. Wash and dry the goat's leg thoroughly with a paper towel. If there is excess fat on the meat, you can trim it off. Also, carefully remove the excess white film from above with a sharp knife, because the marinade will not pass through it well into the fibers. And since goat meat has a specific smell, it must be well marinated to get rid of it. For the same reason, make several through holes in the meat with a sharp knife. If you are using wild goat meat, then pre-soak it in water for 2 hours to get rid of the blood.
For baking, use the meat of a young dairy goat, because it is such meat that does not have a specific smell.
5. Place the meat on a baking tray. It can be prepared in any heat-resistant form made of glass, clay or ceramics. If desired, you can cut the meat into pieces or bake it in one piece. Smaller pieces will cook faster.
6. Spread the marinade on all sides of the meat thoroughly. Marinating will soften and flavor the piece of meat. Tighten the baking sheet with cling film and refrigerate for a couple of hours. You can stand the meat for a whole night.
If you do not have enough time to marinate the goat meat, inject the marinade into the carcass with a syringe. Then the goat meat can be baked immediately after the "injection".
7. Remove the cling film from the baking sheet, salt the meat and cover it with cling foil. Alternatively, place the goat in a roasting sleeve and tie it well. Add slices of potatoes or other vegetables to the baking sheet if desired. Then there is no need to additionally prepare the side dish, and the side dish itself will be saturated with the juice and aroma of goat meat and will become perfect.
8. Send the goat leg into the preheated oven and cook it at 180 degrees for 1-1.5 hours in top and bottom heat mode. Cooking time depends on the age of the animal. Therefore, check the readiness by cutting the meat with a knife. If clear juice oozes out, then it is ready, if the meat is bloody, continue to bake it for another 15 minutes and remove a sample.
Remove the cooked baked goat leg from the oven and serve only hot, as cold meat has a specific flavor.