Bran is a very useful product that does not require any special tricks in preparation. They are added to all kinds of dishes for enrichment with useful substances. I suggest making delicious meatballs with them.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Homemade flavored meatballs, what could be more satisfying and tasty! Minced meat is one of the frequent guests of our refrigerators. Many tasty and healthy dishes are prepared from it: they make soups, make pasta gravies, and bake them in the oven. However, the most delicious of them are minced meat balls. This is a real homemade delicacy.
There are many ways to cook homemade cutlets. They are prepared from one or different types of meat, add all sorts of ingredients, spices, sauces … This always gives a new taste and recipe, which will certainly turn out to be tastier than the previous one. For example, meatballs with oatmeal can be baked in the oven to make them healthier. No less useful are the bran meatballs, which are used to replace bread. In any case, the cutlets are very tasty and tender.
To prepare such a dish, before proceeding with the processing of meat, you need to choose it correctly. So, fresh meat does not have an unpleasant smell, gray or pink fat, is not slimy and not very moist. By pressing on it with a finger, the depression is quickly restored. Otherwise, the meat is old and spoiled. Having blotted uncooked ice cream with a napkin, there should not be any very prominent spots on it. The meat is fresh - the napkin is almost dry, the fat is white, the color of ripe raspberries, there are no spots and blood clots.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 196 kcal.
- Servings - 15
- Cooking time - 35-40 minutes
- Pork - 1 kg
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Bran - 4-6 tablespoons
- Sour cream - 1, 5 tablespoons
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Refined vegetable oil - for frying
- Drinking water - 50 ml
Cooking bran meatballs
1. Strip the pork from the film and veins. Wash and pat dry with a paper towel. Peel and rinse the onions and garlic. Place the meat grinder with a medium attachment and pass the food through it.
2. Pour bran into the minced meat, which can be used absolutely any: rye, wheat, flax, oat.
3. Put sour cream or mayonnaise and pour in water.
4. Beat in eggs and season the minced meat with salt, ground pepper and any spices. I usually choose ground nutmeg for meatballs and cutlets. It gives piquancy and exquisite taste to the food.
5. Mix the minced meat well. It is better to do this with your hands, passing it through your fingers.
6. Form the beaters into a round shape. So that the minced meat does not stick to your hands during sculpting, moisten your palms with cold water.
7. Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil and put the patties to fry, setting medium heat.
8. Cook the meatballs on both sides until they have a characteristic golden brown crust. Put the finished cutlets in a storage container and keep them in the refrigerator under the lid for up to 3 days.
9. Serve the pork meatballs with any side dish to taste. They go well with mashed potatoes, boiled spaghetti or rice.
See also a video recipe on how to cook meat cutlets with bran according to Dukan.